Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/7/2006 4:32:53 AM EDT
super mans wife. link to follow

www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/03/07/obit.reeve.ap/index.html

WHITE PLAINS, New York(AP) -- Dana Reeve, who won worldwide admiration for her devotion to her "Superman" husband, Christopher Reeve, through his decade of near-total paralysis, has died of lung cancer at the age of 44.

Reeve, a singer-actress who gave up some of her own career to be one of the nation's best-known caregivers, died late Monday at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Medical Center, said Kathy Lewis, president of the Christopher Reeve Foundation.

Reeve had succeeded her husband as chair of the foundation, which funded research into spinal-cord paralysis cures. She announced in August that, while she wasn't a smoker, she had been diagnosed with lung cancer. (Watch CNN announces Reeve's death -- 1:49)

Lewis visited Reeve in the hospital Friday and said Reeve was "tired but with her typical sense of humor and smile, always trying to make other people feel good, her characteristic personality."

"She was a woman with an incredible heart who really put herself out there to help people with disabilities and especially those who are caregivers -- something she knew a lot about," Lewis said.

Four months ago, at a fundraising gala for the foundation, Reeve looked healthy in a long, formal gown and said she was responding well to treatment and her tumor was shrinking.

"I'm beating the odds and defying every statistic the doctors can throw at me," Reeve said then. "My prognosis looks better all the time."

Asked how she kept her spirits up, Reeve said she "had a great model."

"I was married to a man who never gave up," she said.

Christopher Reeve, star of Hollywood's "Superman" movies, became an activist for spinal cord research after a horse-riding accident paralyzed him in 1995. He died October 10, 2004.

Dana Reeve was a constant companion and supporter of her husband during his long ordeal and his work for a cure for spinal cord injuries.

The couple had a 13-year-old son, Will, and Dana Reeve had two grown stepchildren, Matthew and Alexandra.

Reeve, who lived in Pound Ridge, had appeared on Broadway, off-Broadway and regional stages and on the TV shows "Law & Order," "Oz," and "All My Children."

She was on the board of the Williamstown Theatre Festival in Massachusetts, where she met Christopher Reeve doing summer theater, and the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey.

A year ago, she won a Mother of the Year award from the American Cancer Society. A society vice president, Dr. Michael Thun, said Reeve "has shown strength and courage in the face of tremendous adversity." Doctors say 1 in 5 women diagnosed with the disease never lit a cigarette.

In addition to her son and step-children, she is survived by her father, Dr. Charles Morosini, and sisters Deborah Morosini and Adrienne Morosini Heilman.

No funeral plans were announced. The family said donations could be made in Dana Reeve's memory to the Christopher Reeve Foundation in Short Hills, New Jersey.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:35:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow.

That sucks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:37:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Wow.

That sucks.

+1
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:39:48 AM EDT
[#3]
She was a hottie.

Did she smoke?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:41:06 AM EDT
[#4]
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11709546/

first kirby pucket now we lose dana reeves within 24 hours after that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:43:27 AM EDT
[#5]
She certainly seems to have been a good woman.

How many people would stick with their spouse when they go through something like Chris Reeve did? That demonstrates real charachter.

It sucks to see her die from cancer, and die so young.....

She didn't deserve it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:46:27 AM EDT
[#6]
dana reeves never smoked . cause of lung cancer was unkown.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:57:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
She was a hottie.

Did she smoke?

No, and neither did Peter Jennings. Both died of it, though.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:58:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Those poor kids
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:00:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
She was a hottie.

Did she smoke?

Peter Jennings did smoke.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:01:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I read news reports that she had cancer when she was taking care of her husband.  She stuck with him until the end.  I know of a distant relative of my BIL had the same problem, and the wife divorced her husband right away.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:01:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
She was a hottie.

Did she smoke?

Peter Jennings DID smoke.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:02:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow.

That sucks.

+1

+2
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:04:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
She was a hottie.

Did she smoke?

According to Wikpedia Jennings started smoking at 11. Get your facts straight before attempt history revision

rj
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:07:28 AM EDT
[#14]
My thoughts and prayers for the kids. So sad.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:12:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Those poor kids

My uncle's sister and her husband both died of cancer, and now their son 18 at the time.  And just started college.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:18:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Heard this on the radio while I was taking my son to school. Sad news. She was a strong woman & looked to be a great wife and mom.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:20:41 AM EDT
[#17]
that is terrible.

why bring jennings in here?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:21:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Sad!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:50:20 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
She was a hottie.

Did she smoke?

Peter Jennings smoked like he was on fire for over 30 years.

ETA: I remember watching an interview with him, he quit smoking for a number of years, but he said that 9/11 was so stressfull for him that he started smoking again right after the attacks, up until the time he was diagnosed.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:52:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Wow...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:56:15 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

What!?? Thats the first I've heard of that
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:57:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What!?? Thats the first I've heard of that

search function is your friend.

I wonder who will complete this trifecta?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:03:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Weird.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:06:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow.

That sucks.

+1

+2

+3
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:13:12 AM EDT
[#25]
I didn't like her.  She was 100 percent politician, no different from the Carol McCarthy bitch who is a congressman now.  Her husband was paralyzed and according to her it was the Republicans fault.  She never missed making a speech during prime time of a Dem convention.  People lose my sympathy when they take their own tragedies and make them into a political campaign.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:20:52 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I didn't like her.  She was 100 percent politician, no different from the Carol McCarthy bitch who is a congressman now.  Her husband was paralyzed and according to her it was the Republicans fault.  She never missed making a speech during prime time of a Dem convention.  People lose my sympathy when they take their own tragedies and make them into a political campaign.  

GunLvr

+1

Where are the pics of her making goo goo eyes with Al Bore sKeery??

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:23:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Sad, she was a good wife.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:23:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:24:33 AM EDT
[#29]
I am finding it difficult to care for her anymore than anyone else that dies.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:40:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Hot nipplage in the Drudge photo though.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:43:17 AM EDT
[#31]
yea, she had great tata's
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:03:03 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=creeve

After reading that and seeing some info posted in this thread I say fuck her and Christopher.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:15:53 AM EDT
[#33]
A celebrity who died young.

Sorry, I hate to see anyone die too young but we just had a family friend die from cancer at about the same age.  I'm sad about that.  I could care less about some celebrity I never met.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:20:22 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Heard this on the radio while I was taking my son to school. Sad news. She was a strong woman & looked to be a great wife and mom.

All I heard was "dead at 44 with lung cancer." Came in too late to catch "who".

Really is a tragedy. Well, cancer always is...But a gal who'd stick by her man like she did deserves better.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:22:46 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
She was a hottie.

Did she smoke?

Grizzly Adams DID have a beard.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:23:30 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
A celebrity who died young.

Sorry, I hate to see anyone die too young but we just had a family friend die from cancer at about the same age.  I'm sad about that.  I could care less about some celebrity I never met.

I feel the same way.  I was watching some of this on TV this morning, and while they ran the commercials hundreds of good, decent people died in this country badly, lonley, unloved and unmourned.  

Our soldiers die for us and they only appear as body counts on the news.  We should worry about them and not spend a minute, no wait, a fucking second, mourning the wife of a dead, second-rate actor.  She's got a family - let them worry about her departure.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Fix your thread title. Show some respect.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:26:02 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Yeah - right.  Like anybody should give a hoot in hell about this issue.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:58:31 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

GunLvr

+1.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I meant for the board. HOLY SHIT doesn't belong in the thread title.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:21:55 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I meant for the board. HOLY SHIT doesn't belong in the thread title.

fixed
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
She was a hottie.

Did she smoke?

Grizzly Adams DID have a beard.

Nice!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Even though she was a libtard it's still sad.

She leaves a 13 year old son with no parents.

Have some compassion for her kid at least.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#44]
I feel sorry for her kids. I DON"T feel sorry for her. Anyone who wants to kill human fetusus to "save" an adult [I don't care if it IS their husband] is pretty low on my give a shit list.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:20:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

GunLvr

I had a similar sentiment but I don't think that this is the place for it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I feel sorry for her kids. I DON"T feel sorry for her. Anyone who wants to kill human fetusus to "save" an adult [I don't care if it IS their husband] is pretty low on my give a shit list.

Should have read before I posted. This is what I thought.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
She was a hottie.

Did she smoke?

Jennings did use to smoke, quit, and then occasionally did after 9/11.
My condolances to the family.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:17:05 PM EDT
[#49]
I wonder why Dana Reeves died from cancer, but that cunt Sara Brady still lives....
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Even though she was a libtard it's still sad.

She leaves a 13 year old son with no parents.

Have some compassion for her kid at least. hr

+1.  Forget her politics for a second and think / pray for the 13 year old that was stripped of his parents.  Death is seldom something to cheer for.

BTW, if memory serves she had smoked at one time in her life, but quit.  I'll do some digging and try to confirm this one way or the other.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top