Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2006 3:49:49 AM EDT
Out of town for training this week, just got out of the shower.  Weakest damned shower I've ever seen.  Hell, the mist setting on my garden hose has more pressure.  Shit, a damned drip line has more pressure.

Good thing I don't have any hair to wash.

On a positive note, the hotel has a waffle iron.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:55:22 AM EDT
[#1]
lol Just unscrew the head and remove the regulator. It should be a little plastic thingy in the head
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:03:24 AM EDT
[#2]
If I was here for more than 3 nights, I would just go to Lowe's and buy a good head and replace it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:29:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I carry a good but cheap plastic shower head in my luggage just for that reason.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:30:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I carry a good but cheap plastic shower head in my luggage just for that reason.

I thought I was the only nut that did that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:32:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the both of you are nuts

I'm KIDDING

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:42:02 AM EDT
[#6]
When I went to school, we learned that 3/5 of the Earth is covered with water.  But now, we don't have enough water to take a shower?  What do they teach kids today?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:49:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Hell, it takes more water to rinse off than if it was a regular shower head.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:50:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I carry a cordless drill and a 3/16 bit with me when on the road. I have used it more than once to open up a showerhead. A small pipe wrench is a good idea also........
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:54:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, you're not the only nut. I worked with a guy who packed a really nice shower head and some tools in his luggage wherever he went. I thought he was nuts at first, but a few weeks on the road quickly changed my mind.

It's genius, I tell you.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:58:43 AM EDT
[#10]
There are a few good low flow ones out there.  I have  one that has been through about 9 residences so far.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:19:57 AM EDT
[#11]
On my second deployment to japan (where lo-flow shower heads are the only ones available), I brought with me parallel jaw pliers to remove the shower head.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:22:07 AM EDT
[#12]
When I drove a truck I kept a wrench and a drill bit in by bags. When I went to get showered at truckstops I would fix the showerheads by removing the flow restrictor crap.

Dang stupid ecofreaks…

I mean, the water comes out of the river. It’s filtered and treated, then pumped through the pipes to my house. I shower in it and the water, along with my body dirt and soap go down the drain to the sewage plant where the water is treated and pumped back in the river. As far as pollution goes what matters is how much waste (soap, dirt, etc.) goes down the drain, not how much water I chase it with.  Absolutely no water is lost during this process… None.

And just where does the Constitution give the Federal Government the power to mandate low flow showers? Don’t they have something important to do like coining money or building post roads?

That’s why I support a Constitutional Amendment that would make all Federal laws expire after five years. Congress would be so busy with the important stuff like reenacting laws against counterfeiting and bank fraud that they just wouldn’t have time to go screwing with our showers.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:02:03 AM EDT
[#13]
The only limiting factor is the cost of treatment.  And those costs are increasing at an alarming rate.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:08:52 AM EDT
[#14]
They trust you with a waffle iron but not a normal showerhead??? Where are you staying, the Incongruous Inn?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:00:12 AM EDT
[#15]
My God what's next?  Are you Nazis going to pour 5 gallons of water down the toilet to make it flush properly?   You vil do fhat the govt. tells you and no-zing else!!!!

Probably litterbugs too aren't you!!!!  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:00:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I prefer something similar to a Fire hose.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:31:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, you're not the only nut. I worked with a guy who packed a really nice shower head and some tools in his luggage wherever he went. I thought he was nuts at first, but a few weeks on the road quickly changed my mind.

It's genius, I tell you.

Yup, when you spend a lot of time on the road, the little things matter.

I also bring (or get) full bars of real soap
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#18]
I always bring my own soap, etc.  Not much of a need for shampoo when you're bald.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Shower head isn't the only low flow device here.  Took 4 flushes to empty the crapper.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Shower head isn't the only low flow device here.  Took 4 flushes to empty the crapper.

TMI

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:40:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I hear you Burley and it pisses me off too. When I take a shower, I want the pressure to be so strong that it almost peels the skin from your flesh! These weak ass modern day showerheads just don't cut it. Besides, I live out in the country and have my own well. So I am not concerned about "conserving water". I have my own supply and if I want to waste it, that's my business.

A few years ago I had my bathroom remodeled and new shower stuff installed. The new head wasn't worth a cunt full of cow slobber. So before I discarded all of the old stuff, I put up the 20 year old shower head that was there before. Ahhhhhhh. Then I was happy again.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Even my calcium-flake clogged shower at home is better than this thing.

My wife said she stayed in there for 45 minutes today.  I think I was in there around 20 minutes this morning.  Hell, by the time I got one side wet, the other side was dry again.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#23]
<Kramer>

"Low-flow???!!

Well, I certainly don't like the sound of that!!!"

</Kramer>
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:31:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I may have a source for pre-ban shower heads and toilets.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#25]
That's why I buy my toilets in CANADA.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
If I was here for more than 3 nights, I would just go to Lowe's and buy a good head and replace it.

You can't beat a good head.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
When I went to school, we learned that 3/5 of the Earth is covered with water.  But now, we don't have enough water to take a shower?  What do they teach kids today?

Yes but less that 1 % of that water is fresh.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:08:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I used to live at a place where you lost skin in the shower and when you turned around you covered - ummm - certain areas to avoid injury.

Since you guys are into shower heads I have a similar problem now though...

I have low water pressure at the house.  Any suggestions on a new shower head that will work for me even with the low pressure?  

Put in a auxiliary water pump?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:23:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Go all the way.... install a pressure washer in the shower.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My dad used to do that.

Although I did find a low-flow shower head at Wally World (supposedly used by the Navy) that actually puts out a decent pressure. It's a little bitty thing with an on/off button on it, and I'll be damned if it doesn't work fine.

Of course, the cheapo hotel ones suck.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:24:15 AM EDT
[#33]
It wouldn't matter if 99% of the water was fresh.  If govt. has a hand in it prices will be high or there will be shortages or both.  There is nothing our govt. can't F up.  Nothing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I used to live at a place where you lost skin in the shower and when you turned around you covered - ummm - certain areas to avoid injury.

Since you guys are into shower heads I have a similar problem now though...

I have low water pressure at the house.  Any suggestions on a new shower head that will work for me even with the low pressure?  

Depending on when you're house was built, see if there is a pressure regulator just after the meter out near the street.  If you can find it and uncover it, you can adjust the pressure up a little.  

I did that several years ago with my neighbor's pressure, he liked it a lot better afterwards.

'Course, if you're in the wilds of AK with a small pump off a well... you're probably forked.

Good luck.

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top