Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/26/2004 11:29:07 AM EST
I really am starting to hate people in general, So I come home from the field sunday and my neighbors truck is parked in front of my house right were my spot is.

I am thinking WTF cause this guy lives 8 houses up.

Anyways he comes over and says yeah it broke down and we parked on the wrong side of the street so we rolled it down here and parked it. (yeah that makes sense right??)

anyways he knows I am a pretty decent mechanic cause I have fixed his junk before no charge, just to be a good neighbor.

So he asks me well do you think you can fix it, I tell him "nah I am really busy and dont want to get involved with that year ford" (I can stand working on the newer fords!)
he pipes up "but you dont even know whats wrong with it"

I tell him "well whats wrong with it" LOL he says I dont know I dont know shit about cars. then he asks if he can keep it there for a couple days...

so nows its been 4 days out front...
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:30:47 AM EST
if you really are sick of him using you, have it towed. that should get the pt. across.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:32:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By SavageSlackie:
if you really are sick of him using you, have it towed. that should get the pt. across.

Yeah, and key the SOB too.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:32:18 AM EST

Originally Posted By SavageSlackie:

I dont really talk to him much hes kids pretty cool though, just a weird thing to do.

His plan Is actually starting to work, I am tempted to play around with it just to find out what broke this time...
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:33:12 AM EST
Have the POS towed!

I hate people also! I don't play well with others.

You might have made a mistake fixing something for him the first time. Be careful who you are nice to. Sometimes your generosity is mistaken for weakness. Tell him to pound sand and get his POS out of your spot!

HS1
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:34:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2004 11:38:15 AM EST by Mauser101]
Call the po po. Non operational vehicles are not allowed to be parked on the street. Think it has to be moved every 3 days. They will tow it unless it's on his driveway.

EDIT: That's local ordanances anyway.

EDIT2: I used this law to get my neighbors to get their non operational VW Beater Bus out of my parkins space. I'd been using the spot in front of my home for years, then I went away to college for a year. When I came back the bus was there. First I figured, oh well, it's public parking. Then I saw the weeds around the tires. It was out of my spot and on their driveway within two weeks. I'm pretty sure they knew exactly who caused it to happen, but I hated them anyway.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:35:46 AM EST
DON'T FEED STRAYS!

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:36:40 AM EST
I can see the problem, all four tires are flat.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:37:03 AM EST

Originally Posted By Mauser101:
Call the po po. Non operational vehicles are not allowed to be parked on the street. Think it has to be moved every 3 days. They will tow it unless it's on his driveway.

EDIT: That's local ordanances anyway.

Yeah but from time to time I have non op or barely op vehicals lying around The thing is his kid drives the truck so I dont want to totally F over the kid cause his dads a dick.

A couple more days
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:46:04 AM EST
If the truck has a Skerry sticker on it, shoot it. If it has a W sticker on it, give it a few more days...
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:53:57 AM EST
don't screw up a relationship with a neighbor by being WAY to premature. since you haven't even asked him to move it yet, it isn't time to call the cops or have it towed. if he's a stand up guy, he'll move it if you ask him politely. if not, then he's an asshole and then you should tow it. it's not worth causing years of problems over a minor incident if you don't have to.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:58:02 AM EST

Originally Posted By topgunpilot20:
don't screw up a relationship with a neighbor by being WAY to premature. since you haven't even asked him to move it yet, it isn't time to call the cops or have it towed. if he's a stand up guy, he'll move it if you ask him politely. if not, then he's an asshole and then you should tow it. it's not worth causing years of problems over a minor incident if you don't have to.

Yeah I told him a couple days, I would never be a pussy and tow it behind his back. Hes just one of those jerk kinda guys.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:06:47 PM EST
Don't have it towed, just wait him out.

He has to need the truck unless it's a super old POS. He's hoping, just hoping if he leaves it there long enough you'll mess with it, don't let him win. He's probably not even doing it unconsciously, he knows you'll work on it if he leaves it.

Just wait it out, it's like playing chicken, who will blink first. Just keep on tellin' him you're busy, or better yet, if you want the easy way out:

Tell him you looked at it late one night and don't know what the h*ll is wrong with it and he'll need to get it towed & fixed.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:10:39 PM EST

Originally Posted By PokeChoke:
DON'T FEED STRAYS!

+1000
Go down there RIGHT NOW, and ask him 'so do you need help moving your broke-ass vehicle back to your property? I've got a rope, we can tow it if you'd like'.
Do it now. Instead of posting online whinging about it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:16:06 PM EST
A good study in the use of TANNERITE!

Well, someone had to say it!
Top Top