Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2003 10:04:02 AM EDT
I stopped by yesterday to say hello and I was going to get them a DVD player because they have some shitty vcr. Anyways I bring it up and they start saying "oh those things look so hard to use" "whats a dvd, is that the same as a CD"

what a pita I think my dad is going to end up with a box of .45 JHP's
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:12:15 AM EDT
[#1]
if your dad shoots you got it easy, everyone likes ammo!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#2]
No kidding.  Every year it's the same thing:  "We've reached that age where we just don't need anything."

That doesn't make it any easier to shop for them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Just show them the "play", "stop", "rewind", "forward" buttons,
then gradually, ease them into "complicate" features.[:D]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:18:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I hate Christmas for this very reason. My dad is impossible to shop for. If he doesn't have it, he doesn’t want it. I can always tell when he does not like what I got him. He is a horrible actor. He always asks for the receipt too. "Do you mind if I take this back and get...such and such?" I always feel like I failed getting him gifts.

What do you get the guy who has everything, can afford anything, and anything he doesn’t have, he doesn't really want? Oh, the fun.
He got a pair of insulated elk skin gloves this year! Probably the wrong size!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Except my dad....who reloads. Yup, tried that one year.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Why don't you just get them a gift card, so they can get what they want.
I have the same problem with my dad, I am so tired of buying MY OWN father underwear that I could just barf. Not to mention, I just don't think its right to make your child buy you underwear! Get your own damn underwear.
Think of their hobby, and go from there.
For your mother, get her a really nice candle and holder. You can't go wrong there.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:10:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm one of those if I want it I work for it save and buy it types too so impossible to buy for.  This is what I tell anyone who insists on buying me a gift.

Seriously,

Tj
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top