Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2001 9:30:35 AM EDT
Due to a financial crisis Iam down to five firearms!!!I need MORE GUNS!! Are CZ pistols worth buying ? Another pistol would be nice,but it would have to be cheap. Any suggestions??[0j]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Due to a financial crisis Iam down to five firearms!!!I need MORE GUNS!! Are CZ pistols worth buying ? Another pistol would be nice,but it would have to be cheap. Any suggestions??[0j]
View Quote

The only experience I have with CZs is hearing a guy at a pistol class I RO'd for curse his up and down as it failed to feed. He said it was the magazines, but they were all factory mags, so what does that tell you?

Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Over the past 25 years I've had lot's of 1911's, Glocks, Sigs, Rugers, and Beretta's and various other pistols. My CZ-75 is as good as any of the above that I have owned. It's feels good in the hand, points and shoots very well. No malfunctions yet. It's not a lightweight pistol like the Glock. It weighs more like a 1911. I don't know about the .40 cal CZ's
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Have a CZ 75. Has the best trigger pull of any of the handguns I own (13). Think of it as a DA/SA Browning Hi-Power. Jeff Cooper thought the design was excellent. Was the basis for the Dornaus and Dixon Bren Ten. Probably the most copied handgun after the 1911.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Exactly one hundred and eighty degrees from what Jarhead reported. Possibly it was an older non 75 model CZ pistol???? I'm assuming you're interested in the 75 series.. I own two of them and IMO they are the best value out on the market today. Reliable, accurate, and durable you will not be disapointed in purchasing one.. Check this link on TFL for more HAPPY CZ75 owners!!!

[url]http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76404[/url]

Rick
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I have fired both the 9mm and .40 CZ type pistols. Don't let the inexpensive price fool you, they are damn good pistols. Very reliable too. The cheap price is more of an result of the former commie economy rather than quality. They are based on a Browning action with some European inovations here and there. The true CZ 75 has a really good trigger, my Baby Eagle(CZ75 clone) is a little rougher. The mags are fairly cheap, you can always find them at gun shows. I think they have decent support to from czusa.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#8]
The Czech and Swiss CZ's are the best. stay away from the baked on enamal finished ones and you should do fine. the ones from CZUSA are very nice.

The first CZ-75 i purchased was a military model with lanyard ring at bottom. it shot to low for my tasts so i traded it off and purchased one of the Action Arms pistols. these are the last ones for the former Czechloslovakia before they broke up into the Czech republic and slovakia respectively.

The CZ pistols from CZUSA are equipped with fireing pin-block-pins. this increased the safty value of the weapon. the older CZ's do not have this feature.

The original CZ-75 were made only in the first year. they were contructed of a denser steel than subsequent pistols. these CZ's have a shorter slide rail and go for a pretty penny. i have heard of one going for $4000 bucks. i cant beleive this, but the originals are a collector item.

The exported CZ's that i have examined dont seem to match the quality of the european pistols. the european pistols had a tight one peice feel to them. like a Les bear or Kimber. The european pistols that i have seen were issued to police. i know not which country.

Though the Tanfoglio pistol are not as good. spanish (italian?) steel is used in both the Swiss and Czech CZ's.

semi-CZ expert lib
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 1:58:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Back in 1989, bought a CZ75. Loved it. A grey baked finish, and I was told it was 'deemed' for the Far East market. Paid $333.00 Canadian Dols for it, from Lever Arms, Vancouver. I traded up to a 92F, but the CZ75 shot well and was good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top