Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/10/2005 7:01:40 PM EDT
I have an off topic question. If a convicted felon lives in my house hold am I still able by law to have a firearm in the house if the gun belongs to me?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:02:18 PM EDT
The felon cannot have any access to your firearms.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:02:47 PM EDT
just don't marry him.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:05:19 PM EDT
so if a felon lived in my house and I kept my AR in my room with a lock on my gun would it be ok
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:05:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2005 7:06:54 PM EDT by DienBienPhu54]
sounds OK as long as he / she doesnt have access
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:07:32 PM EDT
Why is a felon living in your house??

Bill3508
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:08:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bill3508:

Bill3508

I just need a place to crash, ok?!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:10:10 PM EDT
Jeeze, you guys are nuts... not all felons are bad. Shit, damn near EVERY gun related thing is a felony. "OMG, you're living with someone who had a rifle with a 15.9" barrell???"

Bah... rapists, armed robbers, scam artists... that's where the bad people are.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:13:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PigGuy:
Jeeze, you guys are nuts... not all felons are bad. Shit, damn near EVERY gun related thing is a felony. "OMG, you're living with someone who had a rifle with a 15.9" barrell???"

Bah... rapists, armed robbers, scam artists,the state house, Washington DC, corporate board rooms, ... that's where the bad people are.

Fixed it for you.

Hell, I know several folks with felonies on their record - and I'd trust them a lot more than several folks who are "fine, upstanding members of the community"
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:13:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PigGuy:
Jeeze, you guys are nuts... not all felons are bad.

Excellent point.

And ... not all who are NOT felons are good!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:14:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bill3508:

Bill3508

There isn't. Seems he likes to ask questions that stir up a shitstorm.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:15:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By VTwin60:
just don't marry him.

Or sleep on your stomach
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:17:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jrzy:

Originally Posted By VTwin60:
just don't marry him.

Or sleep on your stomach

+1 thats a BIG plus one....I keep forgetting that
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:24:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:24:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2005 7:26:06 PM EDT by Hylton]
I’m not to sure on my brothers case but from what I know he was caught with an automatic .308 without proper documentation and was charged with a felony so I keep my guns up the street at my uncles house, I want them here with me
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:26:24 PM EDT
if anything happens he can go down for it
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:26:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hylton:
I’m not to sure on my brothers case but from what I know he was caught with an automatic .308 without proper documentation and was charged with a felony so I keep my guns up the street at my uncles house, I want them here with me

oh well then you should be safe since he doesn't have any interest in firearms or anything........
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:32:04 PM EDT
What is an automatic .308? You meant an AR-10? Or do you mean a .380?

HE CANNOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE FIREARM OR AMMUNITION

THat means that the firearm and ammunition have to be in a locked container that he has no access to, not just shoved under your bed with a cable lock, and the ammo stored in your closet.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:34:04 PM EDT
my brother is real mature now and has lost all interest in guns thank god, but it seems day by day my neighborhood grows worse and worse, I feel like a sitting duck, what would I do if someone were to break into my home and try to hurt me or my family, “hold on burglar, let me run up the street to my uncles and grab my AR.”

I was just under the impression that if a felon is in the home a gun is not to be around
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:36:59 PM EDT

THat means that the firearm and ammunition have to be in a locked container that he has no access to, not just shoved under your bed with a cable lock, and the ammo stored in your closet.

I was to young to remeber, Heckler & Koch 308,? I'm not sure
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:45:38 PM EDT

so if a felon lived in my house and I kept my AR in my room with a lock on my gun would it be ok

NO!

If it is in the house... even if locked up... technically he could have access. This would be a federal charge ad he would be looking at 5 years.

If he is still on parole... a visit from his parole office could get this out and known... and it could get ugly. You don't want a search warrant executed on the house because he also lives there... if his PO thinks there is a gun or even ammo that he has access to. Having ammo in his case is just the same as if he has a gun. So if there is ammo he has access to... that could cause him trouble.

Anything that happens and it is discivered that he lives in the house ad there are guns in the house... he can pick up a federal case.

Do as you please... think what you want... but this is trouble. IM me if you want more info.

Trust me... I know what I am talking about.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:45:51 PM EDT

I was to young to remeber, Heckler & Koch 308,? I'm not sure

SO he had an unregisterd MG?

Either way, like I said he cannot have ACCESS to firearms OR ammo.
THat means that the stuff has to be under lock and key (and not your bedroom door, unless it is a vault door!!)
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:05:30 PM EDT
When my brother Adam was caught with the H&K back in 1999 he was held for 24 hours in the county jail then released, when his trial came around he was given a $2000 fine, and slapped with 5 years probation. I’d say him spending 10 years in the Military helped him a little.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:21:46 PM EDT
My stepfather is a Felon. One day we were in Tucson visiting family, happened to stop at a Denny's to get some chow. Right at the front door this guy is literally smacking the shit out of his 7 year old son, when my SF says to him "could you not hit him so hard". The guy says "fuck off and mind your own business or I'll shoot your ass". My SF says he is going to call the cops, guy gets in his car and almost runs down my SF, then gets out and starts arguing. So my SF goes to his car pulls my Glock 22 from the trunk and puts it at the dickheads head and says to him "where's your gun now Mother Fucker"? Bad thing to do, TPD gets called and arrests my SF. $10,000, a felony conviction with no time served, has taught my SF this. Let people do whatever they want to do as long as it doesn't affect you or your family.

The only thing that saved him from a mandatory jail sentence was: He is a Vietnam Veteran, and the guy was a scumbag with prior abuse complaints. A very heavy price to pay for trying to be a good guy.
Top Top