Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 6:48:20 AM EST
what do you guys think?
What should I be looking for and what should I ovoid?
I would like to spend up to $1000 an acre depending on size and location
I would be looking for about 50 to 100 acres although more would be fine if the price was ok
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:52:22 AM EST
Are you looking to buy up north? You wont get 100 acres for that price anywhere below 3 hours north of the border. There are some land deals to be had though. Well, not to say you won't but it is extremely unlikely. I have seen deals like 200 acres go for a good asking price way up north.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:05:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/20/2004 7:06:32 AM EST by Stormtrooper]
Realtor.com

This is a pretty long link, but here is from realtor.com all of the land listings below portland, which is roughly covering 1hr up from the bottom of the state. Of course these are not all the listings, but a good representation of the market in this area. You are looking at $1500-2000 per acre at the least. Of course the selling season is pretty much over, so you as a buyer may have a slight advantage in making an offer, depending on how much activity the land has seen and how long it has sat on the market.

In the north you have alot of resort locations and retreats ; skiing, hunting; fishing etc. These tend to be the areas where you have the potential for the best return. It all depends on what you want to do with this land, and as always any waterfront parcel is a great investment.
Top Top