Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2006 1:45:02 PM EDT
I seem to have lost the cd drives on my crappy computer. It gives a message in install and update hardware the drivers are corupted or missing. I can't even run my recovery disc.

Where do I go to fix this problem? I am NOT a computer wizzard, just barely can get online...HELP!!!!!!  fullclip
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:46:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
simple,

your M and N key are swapped.

Danny
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
simple,

aren't you  the helpful one!

Are the cd drive(s) showing up on the boot up screen where it lists your drives?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
simple,

reload windows.

It won't let MMMMe run the disc...fullclip

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
simple,

Are the cd drive(s) showing up on the boot up screen where it lists your drives?

that why IBM pays me so well.

to do tech support for competing computer companies?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
simple,

How does a dummy like Me get to the boot up screen?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
simple,

How does a dummy like Me get to the boot up screen?

It's kind of there... y'know... when you boot up.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I seem to have lost the cd drives on my crappy computer. It gives a message in install and update hardware the drivers are corupted or missing. I can't even run my recovery disc.

Where do I go to fix this problem? I am NOT a computer wizzard, just barely can get online...HELP!!!!!!  fullclip

another virus or rootkit victim............ kill it with fire and buy a new one..
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
simple,

reload windows.

It won't let MMMMe run the disc...fullclip

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Get one of these

or just hold down F8 while you boot up
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Try this:
hit "start"->"control panel"->"system", and then hit the "hardware" tab and then hit the top button named "device manager". If there are any DVD/CD drives listed there, open them and right-click on the actual name and then first try "scan for hardware changes", and if that does nothing, right click again and pick "uninstall driver", reboot your PC and it should re-find the drives.  

At any rate, it won't make things any worse....
~
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:22:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
simple,

reload windows.

It took me a good ten minutes, but I finally got it.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#15]
If it is a conputer how much time did it do ?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Try this:
hit "start"->"control panel"->"system", and then hit the "hardware" tab and then hit the top button named "device manager". If there are any DVD/CD drives listed there, open them and right-click on the actual name and then first try "scan for hardware changes", and if that does nothing, right click again and pick "uninstall driver", reboot your PC and it should re-find the drives.  

At any rate, it won't make things any worse....
~

Thanks, I will try this. If it doesn't work, I will take it to the farM toMorrow and hang it froM a tree, and the execution will coMMence. CoMputers are cheap, and this 4 year old E-Machine has always been junk. It will get its just desserts...  Thanks fullclip
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:38:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top