Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/9/2002 8:00:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/9/2002 8:05:30 PM EDT by LARRYG]
Tonight, for some reason, every time I change a web page, even to read a post here within the same board, I get a warning that something is missing in my content adviser and I have to go disable it at Tools, Internet Options, Content, and Content Adviser. This keeps happening over and over even after I have disabled it. I have to repeatedly disable it. What the heck is going on? Could this be some kind of virus that Norton missed? I booted the computer 3 times, hoping that would straighten it out. No good.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:36:49 PM EDT
yes its a virus called Shoddy Microsoft Programming. content advisor is a POS. the only fix is to reinstall your current version if Internet Explorer. or upgrade to the newest. to reinstall it go to C:\Windows Update Files and find the IESetup.exe file(name will be close to that) and run it. have fun
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:35:10 PM EDT
I have seen this problem quite a few times in the past. It happens when the "ratings.pol" file becomes corrupted. Rather than explain the fix, just go here for instructions: [url]support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q242037[/url] -
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 1:30:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By XM777: I have seen this problem quite a few times in the past. It happens when the "ratings.pol" file becomes corrupted. Rather than explain the fix, just go here for instructions: [url]support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q242037[/url] -
View Quote
Thanks, that did the trick.
Top Top