Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 6:43:53 AM EDT
befor tanneriting it, the thing works except the agitator does not move- any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:46:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:46:23 AM EDT
[#2]
belt/drive mechanism ?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:57:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Whirlpool/Kenmore/something like that?  Probably the tranny-motor coupling underneath the machine.  Just a few bucks from an appliance store and easy to install.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Not an answer to your question but a humourous story.  My mother was having a similiar problem with her washer about a month ago.  Water had run into it and then it would not do anything except make a buzzing sound.  I went down and got the water out for her and checked what I could (very limited) and told her she would have to call a repairman.  Repairman came out, started checking the same things I did and he found no problem so he proceeded to take the motor out to check it.  Turns out mice or something had carried 19 pieces of dog food into the motor.  Removed the foodand everything was fine.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:31:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

befor tanneriting it, the thing works except the agitator does not move- any ideas?

The Tannerite might be the issue here.   Most washers don't like to get blown up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:33:03 AM EDT
[#6]
i can post pics of it not moving
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Inside the aggitator there are little fingers made of some kind of pastic, they ware out and need to be replaced. Could be also caused by overloading.
Take the cap off of the aggitator and you will see the teeth in the aggitator itself where the little finger catch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top