Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2009 9:59:02 AM EDT
Are there plug ins to outlets to identify circuits?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah I know I can kill the breaker but the fridge is on it and I want the circuit open.Any ideas?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes there are

CLICK ME!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:06:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quick price info?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#4]
AROUND $70.00
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#5]
fridge should have own single circut
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#6]
So, you're willing to move the frig out far enough to reach behind it. Then (maybe) you'll be lucky enough to have a duplex outlet to plug the tracer into ?
Unfortunately, your frig "may" be on a single outlet. As mentioned, by Code, it has to be on a single circuit. That tester works fine but don't be too surprised to find you may have to unplug the frig anyway in order to use that particular tester.   One can only hope, though.

Stay safe
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#7]
A radio works great, used it for years while my Green Lee circuit tracer sat in the truck.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Refers in a home do not have to be on a dedicated circuit, depending on the age of the house, it could be on a gen lighting circuit. If newer it can be on one of the (2) 20 amp kit circuits, or a dedicated circuit sized to the name plate rating of the refer.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:31:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So, you're willing to move the frig out far enough to reach behind it. Then (maybe) you'll be lucky enough to have a duplex outlet to plug the tracer into ?
Unfortunately, your frig "may" be on a single outlet. As mentioned, by Code, it has to be on a single circuit. That tester works fine but don't be too surprised to find you may have to unplug the frig anyway in order to use that particular tester.   One can only hope, though.

Stay safe

The NEC has never required a dedicated circuit for a household refrigerator.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top