Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2001 3:22:10 PM EDT
Are the century M1 Garand receivers any good.  Where else can you get Garand receivers for a good price?
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone had posted a link of the Fulton Armory page that listed numerous problems with the century guns.  Let me see if I can find it.

Basically, stay away from them.

Haven't heard anything about IMI ones, but they are a little pricey.

found it.

[url]www.fulton-armory.com/CAI-TI.htm[/url]

they have another for lithgow recievers.

[url]www.fulton-armory.com/lithgow-TI.htm[/url]

If you want a Garand, do what I'm doing and join a CMP affiliated club, shoot a match and get it from
[url]www.odcmp.com[/url]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Someone had posted a link of the Fulton Armory page that listed numerous problems with the
If you want a Garand, do what I'm doing and join a CMP affiliated club, shoot a match and get it from
[url]www.odcmp.com[/url]
View Quote

CMP is the way to go.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah that would be nice but DANG!
I'll have to join FRED'S gunclub to get in.
Nobody here know's what CMP means!
I'd hate to have to drive from Ky. to N.C. for club meetings!
TF
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#4]
If you can find the Kentucky state rifle and pistol association your covered.

Jumping throught those hoops is better than paying 700-1000 for a nice USGI, and is WAY better than having el-cheapo blow up in your face.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 10:01:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a CMP(Civilian Marksmanship Program)www.odcmp.com M1 and like it very much.
If you are a vet all you need is your DD214 and you qualify. That's what I did but if you're not a vet the qualificaion is easy and doensn't cost very much. Most clubs have a Garand shoot, among other much fun meets. CMP sells the service grade for $500. Best money I ever spent! Check it out you will like the program. Good Shooting - Popeye
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 10:47:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 4:08:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Try Springfield Armory, they were suppose to have a receiver for the Garand out by now. www.springfieldarmory.com
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I've had a CAI receivered M-1 for some months now.  Mine works fine.  They get slammed a lot in the varius forums, but they also seem to sell quite a few of them.  

Would I have preferred a CMP M-1?  Yes, but this one was $200 cheaper.  For my purposes it suits me.  

Also should point out that CMP Garands can have "issues" as well.  Remember they're pushing 60 years old and most of them led a pretty hard life.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#10]
dont buy century,if you want to be thrifty by a dane from the cmp its 400.00
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:25:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Price is NOT the issue here, nor is support for CMP or anything else.  Look at the Fulton pictures very carefully and read all the text.  The issue is whether or not you get your face blown off.  Fultons FAQ link to rewelded receivers has made me very leery of ever firing a poor quality Santa Fe BM-59 I bought years ago before I knew better.  It was only $450 when real Beretta-made BM-59's were running $800 and up.  The issue is getting your face blown off.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 6:29:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've had a CAI receivered M-1 for some months now.  Mine works fine.  They get slammed a lot in the varius forums, but they also seem to sell quite a few of them.  

Would I have preferred a CMP M-1?  Yes, but this one was $200 cheaper.  For my purposes it suits me.  

Also should point out that CMP Garands can have "issues" as well.  Remember they're pushing 60 years old and most of them led a pretty hard life.  
View Quote

Mine is like brand new.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top