Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 2:08:00 AM EDT
I got a email from them today about their leo mags they can sell now to civilians, I noticed the prices have been doubled from what they were in their last catalog. How kind of them!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:09:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Supply and demand.  You don't have to buy them.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:09:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Not the first place trying to make money on it.

Im still looking for good places here.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:23:12 AM EDT
[#3]
The ban goes into place...the price goes up.  The ban goes away...the price goes up.  Damn....
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, the used P226 .40 cal LE Demo mags are $18.99 and the NEW P226 .40 cal LE mags are $29.99.  I don't see the problem nor a price rise.  In fact, the same P226 9mm mags that I paid $39 for several months back are now $19.99.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:51:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Dang guys, they're ONLY $15 each!  I just ordered 4.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1

And I won't, either. LOL!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got a couple of glock mags for 12.95 each from them.

HOW DARE THEY TRY AND MAKE MONEY!!!  The outrage.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:57:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Oh please…

Does everybody really pay advertised price on everything they buy.

CCDN will have plenty of their normal specials. They are a good company to do business with.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Gun mags are a commodity.  When the market is hot, they are worth more.  However, when there is a sudden oversupply, prices drop, often to below cost (if they desire to sell any).  The free marketplace is a bitch sometimes.  Most of the time, she's an angel.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#10]
15 bucks for glock mags arent that bad. annd most of what people have been getting are NIW.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:03:42 PM EDT
[#11]
My Sig "Demo" mags from CDNN came in yesterday. They are sweet. Only very slight wear. They function flawlessly, although I only loaded and fired each mag 3 or 4 times.  I only bought 2 , cause they are for the Wife's 228, and she doesn't shoot that often with me.   If I could find some CZ 75 mags for the same price I would probably buy a dozen.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Call me Bubbatheprophet!!!

POST SUNSET MAG PRICES
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Man, except for some of those expensive handgun mags like ParaOrd P14s, etc., who didn't have enough mags before now? Wasn't like mags were expensive or hard to get.

FAL mags, HK mags and AK mags were all cheaper AFTER the ban was enacted!

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Call me Bubbatheprophet!!!

POST SUNSET MAG PRICES

Call you Bubbatheincorrectprophet.

I don't see this big jump in prices.  In fact, from CDNN, the same Sig mags I paid $39 for 6 months ago are now $19.99.  Where is the jump in that price?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#15]

LarryG
Read the post.  CDNN INCREASED the price of  "LEO" mags.  Overall mag prices have decreased, but LEO mags were cheaper in their last catalog per HunterGren.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Price gouging is not supply and demand. I doubt the manufacturer/distributor raised their prices. If anything they should be lowered.

The Star Wars geeks, over on the Prop Replica Forum that I visit from time to time, figured out that some stupid old vintage camera was used as the shell of the binoculars that Luke Skywalker used in Star Wars Episode IV. A camera shop that had one of the cameras listed in their online inventory/catalogue was then flooded with calls for the camera. Well, one of the morons calling the camera shop asking for the specific camera, which they had on inventory for years and had not been able to sell for $15, proceeded to tell the camera shop that it was used in Star Wars as a movie prop. They then changed the camera price to around $200 and it got out all over the internet and camera shops started charging anywhere from $200-$500. What a crock of shit.

Old grenade collectors/sellers do the same thing with British grenades. A British grenade was used to make the main portion of Obi-Wan Kenobi’s lightsaber, and now grenade collectors are charging a premium.

Mag prices going up are much the same story. It’s just a different day.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Well, one of the morons calling the camera shop asking for the specific camera, which they had on inventory for years and had not been able to sell for $15, proceeded to tell the camera shop that it was used in Star Wars as a movie prop. They then changed the camera price to around $200 and it got out all over the internet and camera shops started charging anywhere from $200-$500. What a crock of shit.

So you're saying that something that's no longer produced or is in short supply, that is in high demand is going to cost more.  Yes, that capitalism thing sure does suck.

I'm sorry if you don't like they way our economic system works.  Price gouging only counts when you're talking about necessities like food and shelter or gas.  Something you pretty much HAVE to buy.  When you're talking about bullshit like old camera parts, or full capacity magazines, that's called finding a market for your product and pricing accordingly.  Those who are patient and willing to wait out the temporary inflation caused by a surge in demand will be rewarded.

Go find me a place that has full capacity USP 45 mags in stock right now.  Then figure out how much a person is willing to pay for some.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Oh please…

Does everybody really pay advertised price on everything you buy.

CCDN will have plenty of their normal specials. They are a good company to do business with.

When the price is right, I'll buy USGI mags or bodies from whoever has the best offer, that is how a free market works. Since I'm going to replace the spring, follower and floorplate with higher quality parts anyway, all I need is bodies and I don't see the point of paying extra for them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:38:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

My local "gunshop" owner told me the same thing, yet I fail to see how "pre-ban" mags still compliment $75 price tags.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My local "gunshop" owner told me the same thing, yet I fail to see how "pre-ban" mags still compliment $75 price tags.

Time is on your side.  They'll have to bring those prices down.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Hmm I bought 2 13rd Glock 21 mags last Tuesday for $19.95ea down from $140. Oh feel the burn of the free market economy!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top