Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 10:18:15 PM EDT
why do people like these lowers so much??? i mean they are butt ass ugly. and not much of moding can be done to them
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Because they are different, available in several colors, the guys who manufacture them are members here and seem like nice enough people, Cav Arms has a pretty good reputation...

ETA I can't get them in CA because they were put on the market after the date of our state ban.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:20:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't care for them but that's just me.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#3]
They are fantastic when you're building a very light weight carbine.  You wouldn't believe how light and handy the one I have is.  I've got too many though so I'm selling off 2 in the EE right now and keeping my Coyote one.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#4]
They are solid, durable, inexpensive, come in colors and the cav guys rock.

With that said, they could stand to refine the design a bit.  The concept has great potential.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:32:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
why do people like these lowers so much??? i mean they are butt ass ugly. and not much of moding can be done to them

Come on now, you're probably butt ass ugly and no chance of modding you, either....but you don't see us crying about it do ya!?!?!?

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on now, you're probably butt ass ugly and no chance of modding you, either....but you don't see us crying about it do ya!?!?!?

hahaha, i can "mod" myself if i needed to with plastic surgery, and liposuction. The ladies havent found much wrong with me yet
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:50:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Same reason people like glocks. They're cheap plastic.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:59:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Same reason people like glocks. They're cheap plastic.

Not saying I'm a glock cool aid drinker, but I'd like to do an experiment along these lines.

You drop your aluminum ar lower in gravel from chest height, 10 times in a row.

I'll do the same with a Cav-arms lower.

Which do you think will look worse?

Come to think of it, which is more brittle, if something explosive-like happened to it? Aluminum, or cheap plastic?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:41:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Because it makes for a nice, durable, light range gun....... with a great warranty with stand up guys behind it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:51:43 AM EDT
[#10]
i would never buy a cavarms lower for a standard AR.

but it's sellign point with me was "Grease gun magazine compatability".

for a .45 AR, it is THE way to go.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:22:30 AM EDT
[#11]
It is made from some pretty tough stuff.  

And I was able to build a 5 lb rifle for my daughter with a Cav lower.

The length of pull and contour of the grip are excellent.

If I were wading around in waist deep water all day, like some are in New Orleans, an AR built on a Cav lower, with an Oly stainless M4 barrel, and all of the metal parts coated with Norrell's Moly Resin, some teflon coated mags, might just be the thing to have.

I built one just like that for a friend that lives on his boat.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:30:33 AM EDT
[#12]
If you get a scratch on a Glock, all you have to do is use 1000 grit or 2000 grit automotive sandpaper to sand away the scratch and it will look like new (to the naked eye)!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:51:19 AM EDT
[#13]
1. Just plain awesome folks that make them!
2. Customer service matched by none.
3. No BS warranty matched by none.
4. Very cool option over the every day AR.
5. Colors and matching handguards to meet your desires.
6. Weight savings.
7. Superb durability over standard lowers.
8. Less expensive than a standard setup.
9.In the 3rd or fourth generation of modifications. These guys do listen (even to negative opinions).
10. Shawn looks cool in a kilt.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:57:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I think it's a very unique AR lower, they are super light and feel really good in the hands, especially when mated to an M4 or lightweight upper. Corrosion free material is good to go in certain climates.

You really appreciate the Cav-15 lower - more - once you shoulder a complete weapon. I was very impressed with the overall feel and handling of the Cav lower with an M4 upper on it, it was very quick handling and makes for a sweet CQB weapon.

Plus the guys at Cavalry Arms are excellent to deal with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top