Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/5/2009 3:53:53 PM EST
(note: This was a comment I posted on another board today RE what causes teh ghey... no one repsonded, but I figured ARFCOM would get a kick.)

I have yet to see the first scientifically valid research that suggests any definitive cause for homosexuality. I stand by to be given links.

I think there are probably multiple factors that “cause” homosexuality. I think the idea that there is a simple on/off genetic code for it is highly unlikely. More likely a set of genes that makes it more or less likely, with environment playing a major role as well. Environment includes MANY things besides the type of parents a person has.

Moreover I don’t really care aside from the lies I see on both sides in order to enforce their ideas of morality (or lack thereof) on others. I do not care what consenting adults do in their homes, if you want to rub it in people’s face you should expect a backlash (I imagine they do and that is why it is done.) A persons right to disapprove of your lifestyle is just as strong as your right to live that lifestyle. Any laws regulating said lifestyle become the tyranny of the majority… something our constitution is supposed to prevent.

I wonder how a “gun pride” parade would go… walking down Castro Street... thousands of self described patriots with chest rigs, a pistol on every hip and AR15s dangling from slings. NRA banners held at the fore with at least 87 “Molon Labe” and Gadsden Flags waving in the breeze. I don’t think that would go over as well.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:58:09 PM EST
Undoubtedly people would be stupid enough to bring loaded weapons and someone would have a discharge and the whole thing would be labeled fucking stupid by the media.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:03:16 PM EST
Originally Posted By Ridge_Runner_5:
Undoubtedly people would be stupid enough to bring loaded weapons and someone would have a discharge and the whole thing would be labeled fucking stupid by the media.

THIS x10
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:03:37 PM EST

What the fuck would be the point of carrying empty weapons???
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:04:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By the_great_snag:

What the fuck would be the point of carrying empty weapons???

To show that lots of people own guns, not just right-wing extremists.
Top Top