Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/27/2005 8:34:11 PM EDT
It may sound politically incorrect but, since the African-Americans have their Kwanzaa, would it be too problematic for Caucasian-Americans to also have a special day-- a holiday where white folks celebrate their ethnicity?

Not trying to sound contemptuous or dismissive, I think it would be a good thing for everyone to have their own holiday to celebrate their cultural heritage. I propose the holiday known as:
CAUCASEE

I'm not sure just yet how it will work but I'll be thinking about it. Maybe it will just be a simple spin-off of Kwanzaa.

For our African-American members, HAPPY KWANZAA!!!!

Lawdog
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:35:13 PM EDT
That would be called racist, real quick
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:37:51 PM EDT
I don't know how many black people you know but, most black people don't celebrate Kwanzaa, they celebrate Christmas...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:39:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:41:20 PM EDT
Try pitchin the white expo to go along with the black expo here. We'll see how long ya live.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:44:51 PM EDT
White folks had a winter holiday known as Yule, but it was absorbed by Christmas.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:49:39 PM EDT
We already have Festivus.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:52:18 PM EDT
Didn't you know that everyday is a celebration, if you're white?

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:53:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:03:31 PM EDT
The blacks I know all practice observing Christmas just like everybody else. Kwanzaa is only important to leftist college professors and news media scum.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:44:23 PM EDT
I don't know how many black people you know but, most black people don't celebrate Kwanzaa, they celebrate Christmas...

One of my company's African engineers (not "African-American", he is a black from Africa) told me that no one from Africa has ever heard of Kwanzaa. He even called around to check.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:56:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 10:07:33 PM EDT by CavVet]

Originally Posted By A_Free_Man:
One of my company's African engineers (not "African-American", he is a black from Africa) told me that no one from Africa has ever heard of Kwanzaa. He even called around to check.

Thats b ecause it was invented by this dude.......

The Black Mr Potato head with a beard. "Maulana Karega", AKA Ron Everett.

He was born on a chicken farm in Parsonsburg, Maryland, the 14th child of a Baptist minister. A Black Panther***** in the 60's, he was convicted of felonious assault and false imprisonment for assaulting and torturing two women. After he got out, in the 70's he invented Kwanzaa.

I am Black, am from a huge ass family, with a shit pile of friends and friends of family that cover the entire socio-economic demograph of Black America.

I do not know one single person who celebrates Kwanzaa, nor can even tell you the principles of Kwanzaa. I bet 80% do not know Karenga invented it, and I bet 99% dont know his real name.

So Ron can have Kwanzaa, and lawdog can have Caucasaa, and the rest of us will have a Merry Christmas.

Correction- He was in United Slaves- A rival group to the Panthers

Sorry for the bad info!

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:57:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HeldHostage:
Try pitchin the white expo to go along with the black expo here. We'll see how long ya live.

I think that you're thinking of the White Trash Expo down on Mars Hill Rd.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:57:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 9:59:08 PM EDT by Echo_Hotel]

You wanna know where "Kwanzaa" came from? Read this. The good part is about midway through.

Hint: The shit ain't "African": The Story Behind "Kwanzaa"

ETA: It appears Cav Vet summarized it well enough!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:04:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 10:06:12 PM EDT by SST7Alumni]

Originally Posted By CavVet:

Thats because it was invented by this dude.......

www.phillyburbs.com/kwanzaa/images/karenga.gif

The Black Mr Potato head with a beard. "Maulana Karega", AKA Ron Everett.

He was born on a chicken farm in Parsonsburg, Maryland, the 14th child of a Baptist minister. A Black Panther in the 60's, he was convicted of felonious assault and false imprisonment for assaulting and torturing two women. After he got out, in the 70's he invented Kwanzaa.

I am Black, am from a huge ass family, with a shit pile of friends and friends of family that cover the entire socio-economic demograph of Black America.

I do not know one single person who celebrates Kwanzaa, nor can even tell you the principles of Kwanzaa. I bet 80% do not know Karenga invented it, and I bet 99% dont know his real name.

So Ron can have Kwanzaa, and lawdog can have Caucasaa, and the rest of us will have a Merry Christmas.

ETA: Ron Everrett just got p0wnd
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:07:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DeltaAir423:

Originally Posted By HeldHostage:

I think that you're thinking of the White Trash Expo down on Mars Hill Rd.

You're somewhat familiar with the city, I'm impressed
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:10:58 PM EDT
Caucasee?

Is that kind of like Festivus?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:15:42 PM EDT

in the 60's, he was convicted of felonious assault and false imprisonment for assaulting and torturing two women. After he got out, in the 70s he invented Kwanzaa

Hey, not a problem. The white version could be "invented" by Charles Manson!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:16:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 4xys2xxs:
Caucasee?

I thought it was kinda like fricassee......
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:32:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By captainpooby:

Isn't that a ultra-affordable sub-compact that comes in two colors with a maytag hemi from Ford Motor Company???
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:10:44 AM EDT
As a subnote- after confusing his membership in the Panthers, when he was really a US, I went to do some more reading. I didnt know he founded the US, and they were considered more radical than the Panthers.

Anyway, this guy.......

Who you should know from FNC, a well known Black conservative, Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, has in fact been very critical of Ron and Kwanzaa....
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:17:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By captainpooby:

"FESTIVUS FOR THE REST OF US"
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:28:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cjk1:
White folks had a winter holiday known as Yule, but it was absorbed by Christmas.

"Hey, my man, have a cool Yule, and a mellow New Year!"

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:30:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 4xys2xxs:
Caucasee?

I thought it was kinda like fricassee......

Fricasee would make more sense and if there is fried chicken involved, something practically everyone has in common. We could even fix up a mess of tofu for the vegetarians.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:47:03 AM EDT
As far as I can tell the only people who actually recognize "Kwanzaa" are ubber-PC white liberals and the media YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:48:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 5:51:40 AM EDT by BeetleBailey]
sign me up, I hate discrimination
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:02:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:
I thought only ultra-Leftist college professors celebrate Kwanzaa.

And the dolts that follow them.

These are the same people who claim kwanzaa (doesn't deserve to be capitalized) is a real celebration from Africa, but that Christmas and Hannuka were just made up.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:53:36 AM EDT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I knew that. But this guy was confused, the talking heads on the news made it sound like old African tradition. So he came in, "What's all this Kwanzaa stuff? I never heard of it. Nobody I know in Africa has ever heard of it." When I told him it was an invented "celebration", he laughed. Thought the inventer had really pulled a fast one on everyone.
Top Top