Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2012 9:48:08 PM EDT
like the title says my air handler is pushing out cold air.  It starts up but not pushing air out hard.  I can feel cold air coming out of vents thats cold though.  I opened up the side and there is a small black fan about 4 inches around and maybe 2 inches deep that barrely spins when its on.   WTF  Gonna try to get pic up of said small fan im talking about.   HELP@$@!
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#1]
model number 58dla110- - - 10122
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 11:59:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you cleaned the filter?
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 12:28:07 AM EDT
[#4]
That little fan is for the furnace exhaust, not circulation air.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 3:47:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That little fan is for the furnace exhaust, not circulation air.

this, has nothing to do with the air that comes out of the vents.

Check the filter, check to make sure the coil (the one that cools the air) in the outflow plenum is not freezing up (from low coolant) or otherwise gunked up with crap (got a dog/cat that sheds alot?) check that the actual air circulation fan is running (should be a "Hamster wheel" style fan in the very bottom of the furnace accesible by removing the lower front panel). Those are the three things that I would saw are likely.

J-

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 4:03:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 4:49:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I opened up the side and there is a small black fan about 4 inches around and maybe 2 inches deep that barrely spins when its on.

This part has me slightly concerned.

That little fan is the combustion fan. It should not be spinning at all when calling for cooling, it's a heat only fan.

If its spinning when your indoor blower is running you could possibly have a large crack in your heat exchanger. You need to have this checked by a professional.

As for your cooling issues and lack of airflow.

Plugged filter = low air flow = iced up coil
Plugged coil = low air flow = iced up coil
Low on refrigerant = iced up coil = low air flow
Failed metering device = iced up coil = low air flow
Restriction in the refrigerant system = iced coil = low air flow

Look for the iced up indoor coil after 1hr of run time, check your filter, if clean call a pro in to repair.

Get that heat exchanger looked at ASAP.

Quoted for OP's safety.

READ THIS AGAIN!!!! Cracked heat exchanger means Carbon Monoxide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top