Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 6:27:02 PM EDT
i guess this would go here...

im looking into alarm systems for the new titan and i think im pretty much settled on the Viper 791vx.

do any of you guys have any experience with that particular alarm or recommend another one.

also what other security alarms do you guys have on yall cars.  im also getting the remote installed, that should be fun.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#2]
What about a kill switch?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:50:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What about a kill switch?

kill switch comes with it
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:05:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
OK. I do not sell the Viper line. We are a DEI dealer but chose to go with the Clifford line. You are looking at a GREAT alarm. I will not try to move you off of it be I will offer some suggestions.

On the install, make sure you are buying from a local retailer, stay away from the big boxes. The big box retailers usually do not have  great installers. Ask them if they use "T-Taps" if they do, leave. T Taps are wire splicers that can and do fail very often.

Make sure you get or purchase, a hood pin, starter disable and parking light flash. I am also a huge fan of battery back up sirens.

i called and asked about the "t taps" and they said they solder the main wires that matter and "t tap" the small wires.

they said that the parking light flash and starter disable come with it.  the back up battery($130) and the hood pin($40) so thats not a bad price.  not a bad price i think.  

the peace of mind worth it alone and if the alarm every does go off while im at home.  im coming out with gun in hand ready to pop off
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#6]
put a kill switch in the hot wire to the fuel pump the crooks will not take the time to look for that
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:03:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
One of my favorites is to set the system so the car will only start when the key is in the ignition with the headlights on and rear defroster on. Thieves never figure that kind of stuff out.

thats crazy.  i wish i knew more about the electronics of the car to do that kind of stuff but i dont and i dont want to start cutting blindly.  dont want to mess anything up myself
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#9]
you know where the kill switch is if it fails you just put a jumper on it till you replace the switch if the alarm kill devise fails you most likly have to have the installer of the alarm do that and that could leave you stranded for awile
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Why do you want to spend money for a alarm/kill system when your truck came from the factory with one. There's a chip in the key and the engine won't start without the key.  And if someone tries to use a non chip key the system will go into a lockdown mode. Nissan calls it NATS and it works VERY well. IMO, you're wasting money adding anything aftermarket to it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Why do you want to spend money for a alarm/kill system when your truck came from the factory with one. There's a chip in the key and the engine won't start without the key.  And if someone tries to use a non chip key the system will go into a lockdown mode. Nissan calls it NATS and it works VERY well. IMO, you're wasting money adding anything aftermarket to it.

stealing the car is only half of it.  breaking into the car is another part.  also just protecting my property in general.

with the two way system i will know the minute somone tries to break into my car to steal something or to try to steal the car itself.

id rather know when someone is out there trying to get something instead of finding out the next time i go out to go somewhere.  i know some may not want anything and think the factory is enough but IMO it is a greater peace of mind to have another alarm as good as the viper on top of the factory system.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#12]
i dropped my truck at the shop this morning at 10 and got a call about 4:30 telling me the work was done.

i went to pick it up and the guy explained a few things about the remote, mostly about the remote start but some about the alarm.

i'll read the booklet tonight but so far its awesome.  no real need for the remote start as of now since its not really that hot outside and its not winter yet, obviously, just the cool factor so far

its my first alarm so nothing to compare it to but it has everything...that i need anyways...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top