Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2001 12:41:34 PM EDT
I was looking to buy a camelbak M.U.L.E yesterday but I thought id ask a few questions from those of you who already have em. Im going to use it for elk hunting in a couple of weeks I Im wondering. Do the sholder straps get in the way of carrying a rifle with the sling? does it make it uncomfterable? also will the drink tube bite valve freeze easly? ill be hunting in weather that could be down in the twentys at times. also how does it feel loaded on your back with water and a couple pounds of other gear like food ex.? And by the way GI Joes wants $70 for them is that a reasonable price??
thanks
thanks O
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Shooter -

I really like the MULE.  It's a great platform.  Everyone in my unit that uses them likes them.  The straps don't get in the way when carrying a rifle.  It rides real good on your back.  Be sure and get an insulated tube cover for wintertime.  I also fun the tube under my shirt.  

$70 is on the high end for a MULE.  Email Brad at [url]http://www.dakotatactical.com[/url] and he'll fix you up.

-SARguy
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Instead of buying a MULE, get the standard Camel back or the Razor, or similar "low profile" Camelback.  This way you can wear the Camel back UNDER your coat to keep the line from freezing.  Also this negates the chance of it interfering with your rifle sling.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the info guys I cheaked dakotas website but i think i may just go back to the dept store and get it because ive got to have it ready to go by next wed
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a mule 100oz. wish I had the blowfish! you can never have enough room.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the H.A.W.G Maximum and I love it. Its true though I wish I had more room. I carry all more supplies along with the 100oz and I feel fine. I live in the mountains for 3 months during summer and its great. Haveing water that accesable keeps you hydrated. I also use it when hunting and it doesnt mess with a sling, at least not for me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:30:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Shooter -

$70 is on the high end for a MULE.  Email Brad at [url]http://www.dakotatactical.com[/url] and he'll fix you up.

-SARguy
View Quote

Where do I find Dakota Tactical? His website seems to be history.

BTW, any other leads on the best prices for Camelbak Maximum gear? I am looking for a Mule and/or a HAWG, Maximum, not recreational.

TIA

Cerberus
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top