Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/29/2002 6:18:32 AM EDT
I think I'm gonna kick down and buy the wife a ring for Christmas.
I know they mark up the living shit out of diamonds and it's in my nature to buy things at cost plus a minimun.
I'd like to get her something in the 4ct range and I know it's going to cost alot but if I can trim a good percentage off of it I could possibly also get me another toy that goes bang.
Any recommendations on where to look?
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 6:21:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 7:00:32 AM EDT
[#2]
FYI:
just remember one thing...diamonds do not last forever.  They are out of equilibrium on the earths surface and break down over time.  By her a diamond, go to a jeweler in a year and it will not be the same size/weight.
It is a beautiful gift though...
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 7:06:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Prior to going diamond shopping for an engagement ring about 5 years ago I checked a couple of books out of the library about diamonds and digested them.  After all, they are expensive little buggers...why go shopping in ignorance?

I found that I knew more about diamonds than about 80% of the morons working in the shops.  I am just some chump who read a couple of books from the library whereas this was their job.

The best advice I can give is shop around.  The shop with the best, most knowledgeable staff wont necessarily have the best deals.  I ran over one shop for a nice 1.56 ct. ....which I subsequently sold a few years later (bad marriage...got my rock back though) for a profit actually...which is almost unheard of.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Do some research here [url]diamondtalk.com[/url].

I proposed to my wife without a ring knowing that she would want to pick it out. We ended up with a three stone DeBeers style set in platinum. I ordered the stones directly from the cutter in Tel Aviv after viewing the GIA certificates online. Only trust GIA grading.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Buy with cut, clarity, and color in mind. AS for carat weight, It's a much better investment to buy a smaller stone with less imperfections.Anytime I see a stone larger than 1 carat, I wonder if it is real, or found on one of those cheesy TV shows!!!!!! I would go with a traditional setting also. Some rings look dated after a few years.....
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 8:27:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
FYI:
 They are out of equilibrium on the earths surface and break down over time.  By her a diamond, go to a jeweler in a year and it will not be the same size/weight.
View Quote

Hmmm.... That's interesting, can you provide me the reference data on your comment, I'd like to study it.

Link Posted: 11/29/2002 8:35:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I know they mark up the living shit out of diamonds and it's in my nature to buy things at cost plus a minimun.
I'd like to get her something in the [red]4ct[/red] range and I know it's going to cost alot but if I can trim a good percentage off of it I could possibly also get me another toy that goes bang.
View Quote

Ummm... I don't know what you do or how much money you have, but you better have sacks filled with it!

I was in the same situation about a month ago, the future Mrs.QuikSilver wanted to go look at rings and after looking at the 3-4 kt ones, it seemed more likely that a ~2-2.5kt is the way to go (still $25,000) and the extra money can be put towards something else....

A 4 kt diamond is over $50,000 even if its just a total weight measured one.

For a 4 kt single diamond expect to pay over $100,000 for one.

Of course these prices are for really nice diamonds...you can get a 1 kt for less than a grand if you don't mind clouds, wrongs cuts, stress fractures and yellowish tints in it.

Choose wisely Danielson.....
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 8:40:09 AM EDT
[#8]
The price of diamonds are controlled by deBeers and deBeers only. A monopoly. A diamond is a rock. How much do you think a rock is worth? Thousands of dollars? Throw money out the window of your car at 60 miles an hour...makes more sense.....your wife will lose it anyway....ask me how I know...I've spent thousands on rocks for two wives....they both lost every piece of jewelry I bought them....why bother throw it out the window of your car....[:D]
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Just got back from the mall. Went with the gf to Sears to get tools. (Bought none)

Since I'll probably be beat into submisison soon, I figured I'd stop at a jeweler or 2 and "just look" to see what she wants...

The only thing I could think was, "Wow, I could buy 2 prebans,... Wow, I could buy 15 crates of SA .223 for that,..."

I think I'll marry my AR...
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just got back from the mall. Went with the gf to Sears to get tools. (Bought none)

Since I'll probably be beat into submisison soon, I figured I'd stop at a jeweler or 2 and "just look" to see what she wants...

The only thing I could think was, "Wow, I could buy 2 prebans,... Wow, I could buy 15 crates of SA .223 for that,..."  

I think I'll marry my AR...
View Quote
Das whut I'm sayin and after the second one left to go find herself(after 15 years) That's exactly what I'm doin.....[:D] I threw way too many pre-bans out the window..
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
FYI:
 They are out of equilibrium on the earths surface and break down over time.  By her a diamond, go to a jeweler in a year and it will not be the same size/weight.
View Quote

Hmmm.... That's interesting, can you provide me the reference data on your comment, I'd like to study it.

View Quote

Yeah, me too.

I have seen some diamonds that have been in families for generations, wonder if they have shrunk??
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

For a 4 kt single diamond expect to pay over $100,000 for one. ....

Choose wisely Danielson.....
View Quote

Holy Crap batman, luckily my wife was reasonable and knew that love is not measured in $$$$
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 10:05:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FYI:
View Quote

View Quote

Yeah, me too.

I have seen some diamonds that have been in families for generations, wonder if they have shrunk??
View Quote

Must be some kind of Zen Carbon thing. I have a rock fireplace that came out of the earth, but it hasn't started shrinking yet.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Gotta at least take a look on eBay...I have a friend thats buying a $4k ring for his girlfriend for $700....might wanna just give it a look.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 10:12:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Try a pawn shop. Since they told my Mom that both her diamonds would only get them $80 or so if they re-sold them.....

Scott

Link Posted: 11/29/2002 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#16]
As a good start for looking for info and a quick price gauge use:

[url]www.bluenile.com[/url]

Use the loose diamonds or make your own ring links.

I picked up a custom made (not from Blue Nile, from Spectrum Gems/Jim Rayburn, Colorado), D color, Internally Flawless, emerald cut ring with twin sapphires for about $5000 less than what it appraised for.  And my appraisal was appraising for replacment cost, not true value.  I didn't need to know what it was really worth, just needed the cost of replacement for insurance purposes.  So the $5000 difference reflected wholesale replacement cost.  It was also about $9000 less than a similar ring I saw while in Coronado on vacation.  But that ring was an F color and was smaller with lower quality sapphires.  You do the math......[:D]

Do your homework.....FWIW a good quality 3.91 carat diamond was listed over $40K on Blue Nile.  If you want crap, you can get a yellow diamond in that size for a lot less, but diamonds are like good scopes.....

Ed  
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Waiting to hear from our 4ct shopper
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Diamonds found: 11

Round, 3.5 - 4.05 cts, G color, VS2 clarity, GIA, AGS and EGL certified

Please call 1-800-252-1476 about any diamond listed below or email us. Also you can select
the checkboxes for up to 5 diamonds and go to inquire form by clicking Request More Info button.

#
Carat
Col
Clar
Dpt
Tab
Lab
Gdl
Cul
Sym
Pol
Flr
Measurements
Price

G
VS2
59.3%
56%
GIA
t-mf
no
gd
vg
ft
10.07*10.01*5.95
$37418

G
VS2
61.7%
58%
GIA
tn-m,f
no
vg
vg
no
9.75-9.81x6.03
$37524

G
VS2
60.6%
62%
GIA
vthn-thk
vs
gd
gd
slt
10.14-10.26x6.18
$40958

G
VS2
63.3%
64%
GIA
med to thk
no
gd
gd
no
9.95-10.08x6.3
$41544

G
VS2
62.5%
57%
GIA
tn-tk,f
no
vg
vg
ft
10.01-10.14x6.30
$41722

G
VS2
60.8%
55%
GIA
th-mf
no
ex
ex
no
10.02-10.04-6.10
$41934

G
VS2
61.3%
59%
GIA

no
gd
vg
no
10.2x10.3x6.25
$43604

G
VS2
63%
62%
GIA
tn-tk f
no
vg
gd
no
10.04-10.10x6.34
$43994

G
VS2
62%
63%
GIA
t
no
vg
vg
no
10.13*10.26*6.32
$44424

G
VS2
61%
62%
GIA
m
no
vg
vg
no
10.18*10.30*6.25
$45859

G
VS2
63%
62%
GIA
thn-thk,f
no
vg
gd
no
10.04-10.10x6.34
$49860

Link Posted: 11/29/2002 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Well I'm back after a fun day at the range.
After looking at some of them prices well... all I got to say is HOLY SHIT!
My wife got her ring stolen about 17 years ago and things are going good,but not that good.
I was thinking that this was something I could get for around the 8-9 grand area and even that is considered a big chunk of cash for me.
Hmmm... no guys this redneck aint got near that kind of money for one of them things.
Thanks.
Andy
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 4:00:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Decide what that top of your budget is for this purchase.

Look for something in that budget that is D E or F color and that is at least 1 carat and that is VS1, VS2, VVS1, VVS2, IF or FL.

Start with that criteria in the Blue Nile search engine and see what you come up with.

Here's what I found that would interest me with a budget of $8000:

They have 11 diamonds around $8K just for the diamond the setting are nominal....but you have 11 diamonds on their database that are VVS2 or higher, D,E,F in color, and right around 1 carat.

This would be a VERY nice ring, despite ONLY being around a carat.

If you are lost about what I am talking about, you need to do A LOT more homework.

IM me and I can put you in touch with a VERY VERY good custom guy in Colorado.  Not sure he can do a XMAS turnaround, but you will get a great deal.

Ed
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey guys, yes the prices I quoted were on the high side, but I was assuming it was not a loose diamond and that you wanted a PREMIUM stone. And the even bigger thing I was assuming was you were buying it from a jeweler.

Be VERY careful about buying over the internet. I've seen it before, a great certification for a stone and when it gets to the buyer, its got a cloud in it. Theres no way to assess this without seeing it first hand. Clouds are not "flaws or imperfections" in the true sense of the word because they are naturally occurring things. But they have tremendous affect on the value.

Theres no substitute for seeing it first hand before you buy it.

And just for a kicker....the ring Ben Affleck bought J-Lo was a 6 kt and he paid $3.2 million for it!!!  Of course it was a rare pink diamond, by a famous jeweler and had a couple other nice smaller white diamonds on it, but still..........

Happy hunting....
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 5:45:51 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm with Shivan on this, I bought my wife's ring at BlueNile.com and the service, price and selection was excellent. I bought a classic cut .69ct E color VVS2 stone with perfect cut, polish, and symetry in a 6 prong platinum setting for HALF what I could locally and it appraised for replacement at double what I paid.

Word to the wise when you hit the 1ct mark diamond prices make a BIG jump due to the rareity of stone over that size, to avoid this go with a close to one carat like a .95-.99. She wont know the difference. If she see's the paperwork, just tell her to round up. [:D]

Do your homework and learn the basics about diamonds, you and your woman will be much happier. My wife has several friends who have rings 1ct and larger but guess who gets the most comments about her ring? My wife...because a quality diamond will appear larger and to have more brillence than the often more dull lesser quality larger ones. They look even better in white gold or platinum (platinum will tarnish over time but is so much heavier duty and classy looking than yellow gold, bleecckk!)

Hope this helped.
SorryOccifer

Edited for piss poor grammer. I'm sure I still missed some.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Think - Dupont
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 9:28:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for this little chat guys. I just lost a little 20 point diamond out of my college ring and was wondering what it would cost to replace it. Looks like that $62 CZ may be the way to go vs $400+ to replace it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 11:33:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Andy, my wife has a pretty good jeweler she uses.  Email me if you want is info, he is in San Carlos.

When I was ready to pop the question my wife had already been "talking" to him so I just called him up and gave him a budget.  He found me a .89 carat diamond that was a near perfect princess cut.  A good cut is about the most important thing in a diamond.  As he was a long time friend of my wife's he actually gave me the diamond at cost, but the custom platinum and gold band was a pretty penny though.

The two most important things I got from him though were the importance of cut, and whatever size you get, get the .x9 size of it, because that is where the price jump is, and it is usually a significant jump.

Or you can tell your wife that you refuse to support the blood trade that is diamonds.  I tried but the wife wouldn't go for it. [:P]
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 11:51:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Unless I had connections higher up on the diamond racket's chain, I would never buy one.  They are beautiful, but the retail buyer is ripped off so badly, and the business is so closed off from real competition and true market value, the thought of willingly handing over hard-earned money for a diamond sickens me.

I mean, at each stage of the diamond's path to the retail market, it's marked up 100%.  And they trade hands at least 3 or 4 times after they're cut and ready to be sold.  Not to mention, the supply is restricted by the DeBeers cartel.

So no effing way would I buy one.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 12:03:24 AM EDT
[#27]
The only reason to buy diamonds so so your wife won't rag you every day of your stickin' lives. Why the hell else would anyone buy one?
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 12:16:59 AM EDT
[#28]
For 8-9 grand, you are looking at 1.5 - 1.75 ct nice diamond ring if you shop for it.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 12:20:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The only reason to buy diamonds so so your wife won't rag you every day of your stickin' lives. Why the hell else would anyone buy one?
View Quote
[:X] A FOOL and his money are soon parted [:X]....usually that state of mind that lasts a couple years called LUV.[whacko] Sounds like your life became ""stinkin"" when LUV entered and took over the picture.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 4:29:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Great Googley Moogley!  I never realized they were THAT expensive.  My wife of 13 years told me when I proposed to her that she did NOT want a diamond or an engagement ring.  She said a plain white gold band from Service Merchandise was fine with her.  We had a small simple ceremony - she got a beautiful $10 white dress from a clearance rack at Kmart, made the cake herself, I made the punch, and got my boss (a Justice of the Peace) to marry us.  We've been married for 13 years in January.  My sister had a $30,000 wedding and a $12,000 diamond ring.  Marriage lasted 1 year.  Brother's marriage lasted 2 months after a $10,000 wedding and $6000 ring.

I am amazed at all the advertising that you see around Christmas from Diamond companies - and how sappy they are - they pretty much pound men into submission, and infer that if you REALLY love your wife you'll go out and blow $10,000+ on her for a hunk of metal and a piece of carbon.

I'm so damn lucky I have a wife who'd rather me spend money on guns and ammo than jewelry :)
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 5:13:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Wow. I can't even afford a used Ford Taurus.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 5:27:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Buy with cut, clarity, and color in mind. AS for carat weight, It's a much better investment to buy a smaller stone with less imperfections.Anytime I see a stone larger than 1 carat, I wonder if it is real, or found on one of those cheesy TV shows!!!!!! I would go with a traditional setting also. Some rings look dated after a few years.....
View Quote
This is easy.  Follow mmsig229's advice.  I bought my wife a half carat, high grade stone then picked a simple Tiffany setting.  25yrs later she still gets the chills when people comment on the "Fire" that comes from the ring.  She thought it was small when she first got it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 6:07:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
For 8-9 grand, you are looking at 1.5 - 1.75 ct nice diamond ring if you shop for it.

Good luck.
View Quote

I guess it depends what you consider "nice".  A truly rare, well cut, colorless stone in the $8k-$9K range is about 101 - 105 points or 1.01 to 1.05 carats.

I could have gotten something for my fiance that was of a lower quality (esp. clarity) and she would have never known the difference, BUT I went for the best color and clarity available in my budget.  It happened to net me a D color, internally flawless rock that is spectacular.

Ed
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 8:31:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Now that we've nailed down your budget(size of the ring)...lets talk cut! Do you happen to know what type of cut she wants? IF neither of you do, do you know what you want the diamond to look like in your mind??

The reason I ask is because a Modern Round Brillant cut will sparkle all day long, if thats what you/she wants......Getting a Princess is the exact opposite, it will still sparkle, but its more for looking into the diamond.

If shes dead set on a square cut (Princess) but really wants it to sparkle, they do have a cut for that but I can't remember what in the heack its call!

Anyways if we get you far enough along...anybody in for a LEGP diamond ring purchase [:D]
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If shes dead set on a square cut (Princess) but really wants it to sparkle, they do have a cut for that but I can't remember what in the heack its call![:D]
View Quote

Radiant, some call it a Radiance cut....either way it a square with the corners off a bit....makes it an 8 sided diamond.

A round diamond is the only cut that most will consider to be able to attain a "perfect", "ideal", etc status.

Ed
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 9:41:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'd like to get her something in the 4ct range and I know it's going to cost alot but if I can trim a good percentage off of it I could possibly also get me another toy that goes bang.
View Quote

What you want to do is go to diamond broker or wholesaler. A lot of time these guys will sell to you even if you don't have a tax number, but they don't make a habbit out of it. Thats because the retialers are more than likely selling his diamonds on account. If you get into one you can expect to pay 50-60% less than retail.

The value of diamond is mostly a lot of hype. That $900.00 diamond ring you bought for your engagement is worth aprox. $150.00 resale.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Three years ago I decided to get my wife a new ring for Christmas.  I had about 3K to spend on one.  I went to the bank and got the 3K out in $100 bills.

I went to the jewelry store on Christmas eve and found a real nice diamond ring that had a price of $2999.  I told the clerk I was very interested but could he come down on the price?  He went and made a phone call and came back and said he could come down to $2900.  I had put the bills in different pockets.  I took out 2K and counted out the bills in front of him on the counter.  I went to another pocket and pulled out 3 more bills and laid it out on the counter.  I told him that was all the money I had.  He kept looking down at the bills.  He went and made another call and came back and said he could go down to 2.5K.  I said sorry but this is all I have and started to pick up the bills.  He said said excuse me and left again.  He came back and said OK I can have it for 2.3K.  He then added the State tax on it.  I said all I have is the $2300.  He finally said "OK I'll absorb the tax".

The point of sharing this with you is to illustrate the amount of markup in the diamond business.  He still made money by discounting the ring by about 25%.  If I had been tough I probably could have got a 30-35% discount.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 10:18:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The value of diamond is mostly a lot of hype. That $900.00 diamond ring you bought for your engagement is worth aprox. $150.00 [red]resale[/red].
View Quote

Did you mean $150 wholesale?  Resale would be dictated by market price and market price for a $900 ring whenever you bought it, say 10 years ago, will definitely be more today.  Diamond prices almost NEVER go down....unless it is a crappy diamond.

Ed
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 10:31:15 AM EDT
[#39]
I bought my wife a ring set from [url=www.tiffanys.com] Tiffany's[/url]. There is something to be said about the old saying "the difference between men/women and boys/girls is the price of their toys." I would recommend that you take her over to Tiffany's and let her browse and have her select the ring to her preference. Like guns, half the fun is in the shopping, and it would be really romantic for her. Over the past 20 years I've accumulated more toys than she has. Good Luck!
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#40]
I got about half back on the engagement ring I bought for the ex, but it was on consignment for almost a year.

It was good to be rid of it and her.

Can a diamond save your ass? Better to get her into shooting and/or hunting buy her a nice USP, post-ban, elk hunt or something.

If you can't let go of the idea of a stone, why not look at rubies and emeralds?
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
[:X] A FOOL and his money are soon parted [:X]....usually that state of mind that lasts a couple years called LUV.[whacko] Sounds like your life became ""stinkin"" when LUV entered and took over the picture.
View Quote

Are you married? The only diamonds I ever bought were part of the wedding set and that was only because she wanted it. I would have chosen emeralds myself as they actually are valuable.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Diamonds are great in cutting & grinding applications.  As decoration they are hype.  Buy her a nice Cubic Zirconium and do something worthwhile with the cash!

Buying the things is just a start.  Then comes insurance, safe place to store it and the HUGE risk some idiot is willing to KILL her to get it or at least whack off her finger.

Makes no sense to me at all; but do what your heart tells you - your head knows better!
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 8:12:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Bought the wife an engagement ring a little over a carat set in a channel setting, round brilliant cut stone. For her wedding band I bought a band with 5 diamonds, TCW of wedding band was a little over a carat. They look really nice together. Remember to take out a separate insurance policy on the set. I pay about $76.00 a year for about $6,000 in coverage. This includes loss/theft. Also keep your appraisal in a safe place. Get the rings cleaned/prongs checked once a year. They'll do it free where you bought them. Buy a smaller better stone in a traditional setting, you'll be happier 20 years from now........PS don't be cheap, get off your wallet. If not, her girlfriends and family will make snide comments behind her back!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 8:59:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
PS don't be cheap, get off your wallet. If not, her girlfriends and family will make snide comments behind her back!!!!!!!!
View Quote

Unfortunately this seems to be the case with 95% of women, and the whole thing is really making me sick right now.  My girlfriend is also in the market for a diamond ring financed by me.  The way the sorry cunts at the store behave, and the bullshit strain that this is putting on our relationship has me so pissed off right now I get headaches when I think about it.  The capper is that she won't even look for quality, all she wants is a bigger rock for the same money, even if its as yellow as a lemon and has a crack in it from top to bottom.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 9:04:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Remember too that until the first half of this century, some other stone, I believe it was the garnet, was the traditional wedding stone in America.  It was those rat bastard monopolists at DeBeers that started this whole "if he really loved you wouldn't he buy you the most expensive rock on the planet?" bullshit.

I remember a few years ago, after the collapse of the USSR, the new Russian govt. was/is sitting on millions of diamonds.  My understanding is that the USSR had a contract with DeBeers to distribute the diamonds, and the new govt. was thinking of breaking that agreement.  If they had, the market would have been flooded, there would have been competition in the marketplace, and the diamond market would have crashed.  I wish so badly that had happened, so that none of us would ever have to go through this bullshit again.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Now that I've had my rants, is clarity a measure of the clouds?
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 9:24:55 AM EDT
[#47]
When I was shopping around for diamonds for my now wife's engagement ring I found that Van-Daaz had about as close to wholesale on loose diamonds as you are going to find. Most of the online sources have a searchable database of diamonds to choose from. You enter your parameters, ct. wt., cut, shape, color, clarity, price and it lists the diamonds available. I found that a lot of these places must use the same inventory of stones because I would find the same ones listed at different places but at different prices. Van-Daaz had significantly lower prices than Blue Nile or any of the other sources I looked at for the same exact stones. They also provide excellent customer service. I highly recommend them. Maria Costa is the lady I worked with a few years ago. I'd try them if I was in the market again, for sure. Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 9:27:06 AM EDT
[#48]
No, clarity is also measured in the number and size of inclusions, they lok like specks of "stuff" in the diamond.

Dont do the woman thing and buy based on emotion, use your head and buy QUALITY over quantity.

Get it through to her that it is meant to be a symbol of love NOT how much you love and is not ment for bragging rights. It's your money, your decision. Either way women should be thankfull men give a shit enough to spend the money.

If she insists, then tell her it will be your turn to buy the next impractal waste of cash that suits your fancy.

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 9:28:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Edited because I just remembered I still had the ring, and put it in the equipment exchange.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 9:39:12 AM EDT
[#50]
May I suggest a pearl necklace instead.  [:D]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top