Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/21/2010 4:28:32 PM EST
ok busted at work for shoes. need something composite toe thats a low to mid height. its gets super hot in the automotive shop i work in (110+ some days) so something breatable would be great

what do you guys rock??

thanks
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:34:32 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:39:50 PM EST
yep thats what i got busted wearing, black nb's i also dropped the redbacks for the same reasons, and they didnt last. so i;ve been told i cant wear the shoes that have saved my feet and back. but they will reimburse me for the purchase so i'm looking for somerthing similar possibly something in the "responder/tactical" category that will be for more than just work, i have a pair on 8" danners that are fulltime winter wear, but they are too hot for summer
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:40:26 PM EST
I work in a bus shop.

Timberland Pro's are the ONLY way to go.

They handle grease/oil/grease without complaining and wear nicely.

My feet can't take sneakers on hard concrete floors.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:40:48 PM EST
Danner Marine Hot.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:42:24 PM EST

I work in a refinery..
I wear mid height, uninsulated red wings..
Ive had them 10 years...
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:47:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/21/2010 4:48:08 PM EST by PaintItBlack]
*if* you can find usa red wings that breathe then buy them.

My last red wing boot buying effort was full of chicom fail.

13EE feet here.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:29:32 PM EST
Originally Posted By ahlfan:
ok busted at work for shoes. need something composite toe thats a low to mid height. its gets super hot in the automotive shop i work in (110+ some days) so something breatable would be great

what do you guys rock??

thanks

Basically, any boot is going to be hotter than a shoe. It's for your safety. There are a lot of other jobs where the employees are required to wear boots with a safety toe and it is 110 degrees or hotter in the work environment.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/wellco-sagesignature-hotweathercompositetoezip-boots.html

Top Top