Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2001 5:56:05 AM EDT
it happened yesterday, as i crossed 5th avenue on my way to GCT. as most of you know, the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center was "lit" yesterday. the police barricades were up on 5th, 6th and Madison Avenues, with limited crossings, and TONS of cops everywhere. i HATE the hustle and bustle of cities, so i move very quickly in-and-out of human traffic, weaving and bobbing around the slack-jawed tourists that stand 13 wide on the 3 foot sidewalk.

so i cross 5th on a blinking "don't walk", moving fast. i dodge left, around some tourists, catching my briefcase on their shopping bags ~ it spun me around, right into three of NY's Finest. two of them were carrying black drag-bags on their shoulders, and the other in blue tactical gear was wearing a bullet proof vest and wore his sidearm low on his thigh. they were walking to their positions.

what could i do? i looked up (they were like 7 feet tall), smiled and said: "oh my God, i am soooo sorry!" they looked at me, calm as can be, and said: "don't worry, we're not here for you!"

i think i know what they meant...[:)]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:02:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
what could i do? i looked up (they were like 7 feet tall), smiled and said: "oh my God, i am soooo sorry!" they looked at me, calm as can be, and said: "don't worry, we're not here for you!"
View Quote

Well...not today, anyway.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:02:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Not here for you? Ofcourse theyare.That's what they WANT you to think. Put on your tinfoil hat and keep the radio off.

Sherm
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:22:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Well...not today, anyway.
View Quote

[:D]

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:39:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not here for you? Ofcourse theyare.That's what they WANT you to think. Put on your tinfoil hat and keep the radio off.

Sherm
View Quote

Tinfoil hat......LOL!!!
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:09:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Some of the best things are best left unsaid, other than an "excuse me gentlemen."
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Are you boys the po`lice?

"No mamm we`re musicians"
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:43:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Did one of the snipers look like this?

[img]http://www.zpub.com/notes/horiuchi2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Did one of the snipers look like this?

[img]http://www.zpub.com/notes/horiuchi2.gif[/img]
View Quote

Uh oh, better hide the wife and dog! [peep]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:37:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View Quote

Be more careful next time you're crossing the street, citizen.  You nearly knocked me and my swarthy partners over as we were on the way to fight evildoers...[;D]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:27:22 PM EDT
[#10]
[b]"don't worry, we're not here for you!"[/b]
But we know where you live...

BISHOP
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:38:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think they were looking for me.
View Quote

i won't tell them anything...unless i'm tortured.[;)]

they were quite an ominous sight! i'm used to the NG and extra coppage around here, but i thought the guy with the tac-holster was gonna draw on me for trying to grab a rifle or something! [shock]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw a team of them at Yankee Stadium during the 1999 ALCS. I talked to them inside the stadium with their monster bags, then they set up about 40 feet behind and above me in the bleachers. Very professional...behind a lit billboard (there was a 3 ft. gap underneath it where they could canvass the entire stadium) with a big spotting scope, rifle set up on bipod, safely pointed upward with bolt open.

My idiot friend decided to wear a Garciapara jersey (we're Red Sox fans) and a RED (not blue that would blend in) Bo-sox hat, so he got some crap thrown at him. I looked up at the snipers and yelled "A little help here, guys?". They laughed.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"don't worry, we're not here for you!"
View Quote

We're here to help?

I think you just broke the news on the latest procedural change at the ATF!
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 3:41:27 PM EDT
[#15]
God I want to do what they do.  Unfortunately my daddy is not a chief so Im forced to ride in a radiocar and answer an endless stream of radio runs.

They are pretty cool looking though, I mean who else can walk around midtown manhattan with full tactical gear on and a canon slung over your shoulder?  Everyone knows who they are and what they are there for, but its not really talked about since they arent ever really needed.(Thank God)     Steven
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 12:11:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
God I want to do what they do.
View Quote

WHY can't you??

I'm sure you're just as, if not more qualified then most of 'em.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 10:43:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Unfortunately, its not WHAT you know, its WHO you know.....and I dont know JACK.....

Oh well, one can dream
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top