Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:06:47 PM EDT
so I was having a cig on my porch when this nasty huge bug starts hanging right around the door. I can't go back inside without letting it fly in too so I grab my can of brake cleaner that I left out side and take aim. I just let out one little mist and the thing falls to the ground. It was dead before it hit the ground! I guess that stuff is pretty toxic!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Especially when you spray it thru a lit Bic lighter,LOL.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#2]
P-B Blaster!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#3]
It's great fun to shoot down moths with brake cleaner.

Brake cleaner = moth ADA
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Weeds too!  Like, dead in 20 mins.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I was working on something in my garage one day, and I kept seeing wasps.  I grabbed the can of brake clean and drew down on them. With the plastic pipe inserted in the nozzle, I took aim and fired away.  They tried attacking from all angles, but they were no match for my can of brake clean.

When the battle was over and the fog of brake clean settled, there were wasp remains scattered everywhere.

I am thinking that I will start bore sighting my cans of brake clean.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I have never seen a bug spray that worked half as good
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#8]
works wonders on wasp nests as well
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#9]
It must be yellow jacket season now. I was shooting them out of the air last week with brake cleaner. Five seconds and they were dead and still.

Works well on flies that are swarming on a dog turd . Hit 'em and they just fall off -- DRT.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I just let out one little mist and the thing falls to the ground. It was dead before it hit the ground!

Using the same substances for more than one purpose, sounds like you're helping Gaia! On a related note, used motor oil works well against anthills.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top