Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2015 5:26:21 PM EDT
http://wtop.com/charles-county/2015/06/police-mother-pushed-toddler-for-two-days-boys-death-ruled-homicide/

WASHINGTON — A boy who was found dead as his mother pushed him in a
swing in a La Plata park died of dehydration and hypothermia and his
death has been ruled a homicide, according to the Charles County
Sheriff’s Office.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:33:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:37:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad I didn't jump to conclusions on that one.  Fucked up story to say the least.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#4]

"The boy’s father James Lee has said that Simms was mentally ill and that he unsuccessfully sought custody of the toddler."  

Typical Family Court bullshit.  Mommy's crazy, but she still Mommy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Ji'Aire?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

"The boy’s father James Lee has said that Simms was mentally ill and that he unsuccessfully sought custody of the toddler."  

View Quote
'

"Our job is to keep families together."
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:42:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Maryland is crazy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#8]
And his dad had been begging for custody.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ji'Aire?
View Quote

And Romechia.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:02:46 PM EDT
[#10]
In before Carnac.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
'

"Our job is to keep Poor, Inner-City families together...... Middle-class Suburban families can Suck It."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

'

"Our job is to keep Poor, Inner-City families together...... Middle-class Suburban families can Suck It."

FTFY..... One thing i Noticed about DYFS (Family Services in NJ) is that they are FAR Harsher with suburban folks than with the inner city folks....probably because they figure the Suburban Housewife isnt going to beat them with a Brick when they start playing tough.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ji'Aire?
View Quote

I think it's already been established that the mother was mentally ill.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:48:31 PM EDT
[#14]
ever since having my boy these stories hit me a little harder
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Mentally ill or not, it tortured a toddler to death.   Just put it down.  There is no room in the world for that thing that courts deemed fit to be the child's mother.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Mentally ill or not, it tortured a toddler to death.   Just put it down.  There is no room in the world for that thing that courts deemed fit to be the child's mother.
View Quote

+1.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I remember the OP
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Figures.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:41:07 PM EDT
[#19]
WTF...sick people man
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#20]
.....nevernind.  I'm COC incompliant.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:49:00 AM EDT
[#21]
44 hrs straight, wow....
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:56:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

+1.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.

Whoever made the ruling should be punished. How are you going to punish a person who is so mentally ill that they pushed a swing for 44 hours? How is that even possible.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:17:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
'

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

'

Even when mommy is bat shit crazy in spite of all the govt help provided to her.   I doubt that kiddo feels safe now or during the 48 hours it took him to die in a swing.

And why did it take someone 2 days to call in on a mom pushing a little kid in a swing?  I doubt the kid wasn't screaming its head off at points in the 2 days.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:26:19 AM EDT
[#24]
That poor baby.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:55:24 AM EDT
[#25]
This just pisses me off. I don't care what child or where. None should have gone like this. If the courts are this damn stupid then hope for our society is gone....Wait I think it has been going for a long time now. Duck it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:20:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Even when mommy is bat shit crazy in spite of all the govt help provided to her.   I doubt that kiddo feels safe now or during the 48 hours it took him to die in a swing.

And why did it take someone 2 days to call in on a mom pushing a little kid in a swing?  I doubt the kid wasn't screaming its head off at points in the 2 days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

'

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:04:47 AM EDT
[#27]
That can't be right. Half of GD was talking about how horrible they felt for the mom... probably racist cops making it all up
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:44:13 AM EDT
[#28]
This is the kind of shit you see in horror movies.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:47:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Whoever made the ruling should be punished. How are you going to punish a person who is so mentally ill that they pushed a swing for 44 hours? How is that even possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.

I think the question is 'how can you grant custody of someone so mentally ill they pushed a swing for 44hrs?'. The answer: by being more mentally ill yourself.

Put down the deranged mother and strip the judge who made the ruling.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:29:52 AM EDT
[#30]
What was I thinking?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:14:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This just pisses me off. I don't care what child or where. None should have gone like this. If the courts are this damn stupid then hope for our society is gone....Wait I think it has been going for a long time now. Duck it.
View Quote

We are in a society were criminals and those that infringe on our rights actually have more rights.

Also I think this is all about CYA in DCFS or what ever the state calls itself, they would prefer not to get involved and get slapped, though this case and the family courts should have to be held liable for the outcome, they all take laps when they do something fantastic (gay marriage, obummercare, etc.)
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:16:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
'

"Our job is to keep families togetherfuck dads as best we can."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

'

"Our job is to keep families togetherfuck dads as best we can."

Ohh yeah, and I called this one. Sad, but I called it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#34]

Just sad......poor kid never had a chance and hopefully the hypothermia just put him to sleep.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:25:29 AM EDT
[#35]
If it could be established that there was demonstrable mental illness and the courts failed to intervene, I would be a man on a mission.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

QFT.  The judicial system killed this kid.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:09:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
ever since having my boy these stories hit me a little harder
View Quote

Same thing for me after I had my daughter. Makes me want to cry for the poor child.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#38]
This is just sick.

Imagine the traction the story would have gotten if she used a firearm in the homicide.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:30:19 AM EDT
[#39]
wow.....
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:37:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

In Maryland for a father to actually get custody is rather rare unfortunately
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top