Page / 2
Posted: 12/26/2012 4:37:00 PM EDT
what say the hive?
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:40:06 PM EDT
WWE

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:40:09 PM EDT
They still have boxing?
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:41:55 PM EDT
I grew up boxing golden gloves. My grandfather was a ref and owned a gym.
I voted mma.

Those guys are on a whole different level.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:42:10 PM EDT
MMA is is watching 2 guys have very rough ghey sex.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:44:08 PM EDT
As an actual fighting art MMA I guess. We had a lot of ex boxers at my old MMA gym.

That being said I cant hardly stand watching MMA anymore. UFC ruined the sport and there are too many "affliction douchebags". I remember going to the bar and watching a fight and so many retards yelling stupid shit like "ARMBAR ARMBAR!!!!!!"

I can only stand MMA around other martial artist. Now every redneck who lifts weights thinks hes a "UFC CAHMPIONZ MMA FIGHTER"
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:46:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Gooseboy:
As an actual fighting art MMA I guess. We had a lot of ex boxers at my old MMA gym.

That being said I cant hardly stand watching MMA anymore. UFC ruined the sport and there are too many "affliction douchebags". I remember going to the bar and watching a fight and so many retards yelling stupid shit like "ARMBAR ARMBAR!!!!!!"

I can only stand MMA around other martial artist. Now every redneck who lifts weights thinks hes a "UFC CAHMPIONZ MMA FIGHTER"

LOL

I'm at the point where if I see someone wearing "Tapout" shit they're automatically a douche until proven otherwise.

This rule also applies to stickers on your car.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:48:24 PM EDT
I watch boxing.  Rigged?  Maybe.

But I don't watch MMA stuff because of all the wanabe tough guys that stand around yelling like baboons and believing they are just as tough as the fighter himself.

They go bumping into you, giving out mean mugs and all that macho bullshit.

Too much drunken I'm a man tuff guy douchebaggery for me to deal with.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:48:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DOW:
Originally Posted By Gooseboy:

LOL

I'm at the point where if I see someone wearing "Tapout" shit they're automatically a douche until proven otherwise.

This rule also applies to stickers on your car.

Agreed. I remember when PRIDE was still around and the sport was somewhat new. No one knew what tapout was and it was kind of a secret thing if you saw another guy wearing it.

Like i said, any fuckhead in a street fight is now trying to pull triangles and armbars because he saw them on TV.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:49:07 PM EDT
Pugilism > Fucked up useless brutal assholes!
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:50:48 PM EDT
Every motherfucker here in Scottsdale is a cage fighter.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:53:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JarheadChiro:

Every motherfucker here in Scottsdale is a cage fighter.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:54:11 PM EDT
MMA by far. Boxing is boring as shit.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:54:59 PM EDT
Boxing is a sport..  MMA is what meatheads and inkies jerk off to behind closed doors.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:58:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DanTSX:
Boxing is a sport..  MMA is what meatheads and inkies jerk off to behind closed doors.

Why didn't I think of that reply - it is absolutely correct!
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:59:06 PM EDT
Boxing boors me to tears.  Grown ass men hugging each other 99% of the time so they don't have to fight.  I don't give a shit about your strategy - I want to see you guys punch each other until one of you can't stand.

MMA still has its share of hugging but there's less of it and at least they can throw some knees in there to stop it.  They've nerfed it some but it can still be brutal.  I like it.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:05:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cletussd:

And boxing is like watching two men slowly jerk each other off until one of them cums, but usually neither do.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:11:25 PM EDT
I'd like boxing a whole lot more if they'd make them wear the light MMA style gloves.  Then there might more knockouts and less love taps.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:11:44 PM EDT
+1 for boxing
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:13:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Lokjell:
I'd like boxing a whole lot more if they'd make them wear the light MMA style gloves.  Then there might more knockouts and less love taps.

Those gloves protect their hands,

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:15:58 PM EDT

Those gloves protect their hands,

Cause boxers have girlie hands, Real men have very little padding and eat knees for dinner.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:16:12 PM EDT

You would end up with more broken hands in boxing, they don't wear gloves to protect faces they wear gloves to protect their hands.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:16:51 PM EDT

As long as Don King is involved, boxing is dead to me. I watched too many rigged fights over the years.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:17:46 PM EDT

Said the man with the Maxhardcore avatar....

Not an inky, and not a meathead.

I watch MMA primarily because I enjoy martial arts and its a real sport that hasnt hit the same level of being fixed as boxing yet.
I'm it will someday, its in Vegas for fucks sake....

I dont go watch the games in bars or live....too many retards. I just tivo it and watch it from home....

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:18:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CarbineDad:
They still have boxing?

ding.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:19:33 PM EDT
MMA was fun to watch before it became Homogenized Martial Arts.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:21:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By savageoneseven:
MMA was fun to watch before it became Homogenized Martial Arts.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:24:37 PM EDT
Oops, poll says its time to edit your title. Replace ">"with "<".
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:25:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By postpostban:

As long as Don King is involved, boxing is dead to me. I watched too many rigged fights over the years.

Is don king involved in every aspect of boxing?  No. He is not.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:27:43 PM EDT
Boxing = Paint drying
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:30:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sporter:
They still have boxing?

ding.

MMA is a new cultural television reality show for basement dwellers.
The respected sport of pugilism has been here for many many years, IMO the barbaric expose of mma is just another tick on the denerative demise of the moral standard of this country.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:32:02 PM EDT
MMA & Hockey are the only sports worth watching.

Boxing sucks now, I see better Hernandez vs Sanchez fights at the local bar.

Funny all the homo comments as all team sports start and end with a bunch of naked guys in the locker room.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:33:13 PM EDT
Boxing has gotten too rigged.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:35:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By w15ly:
Boxing has gotten too rigged.

So has baseball.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:53:10 PM EDT
Boxing is my personal favorite. Hell I have class in an hour.

But it's just one tool in the mma toolbox.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:56:50 PM EDT
Boxing puts me to sleep.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:57:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TheShlouf:
WWE

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:58:06 PM EDT

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:05:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AZ_Sky:

The respected sport of pugilism has been here for many many years, IMO the barbaric expose of mma is just another tick on the denerative demise of the moral standard of this country.

MMA is closer to the original Olympic sport of Pancration.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:27:55 AM EDT
MMA gives a lot more options for victory and reduces the chances for brain damage.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:29:37 AM EDT
They still have boxing?

ding.

It is a reversion back to the Roman Empire and the gladiators.  

Boxing is more gentlemanly and civilized for sure.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:01:46 AM EDT
Originally Posted By pbaeod:
MMA gives a lot more options for victory and reduces the chances for brain damage.

i concur
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:46:00 AM EDT
So many people in here with no idea of what they're talking about in regards to MMA.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:29:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Lucky_Day:
So many people in here with no idea of what they're talking about in regards to MMA.

I got 2 afflictions shirts and 3 TAPOUT shirts you need to back the fuck up off me.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:31:18 AM EDT
Boxing has been the suck for a long time now.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:43:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pbaeod:

Originally Posted By Lucky_Day:

I got 2 afflictions shirts and 3 TAPOUT shirts you need to back the fuck up off me.

Heh

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:43:54 AM EDT
Originally Posted By wingnutx:

MMA is closer to the original Olympic sport of Pancration.

Don't confuse the kids with facts.

PS: Original Olympic as in ancient Greece.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:45:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By VBC:
They still have boxing?

ding.

It is a reversion back to the Roman Empire and the gladiators.  

Boxing is more gentlemanly and civilized for sure.

Romans perverted Pankration.

It's not more gentlemanly to absorb enough head shots that it damages your brain.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:48:35 AM EDT
I don't know, but you could take a 1987 Mike Tyson (or pick your other favorite world class heavyweight champion) and train him to be a world class MMA fighter in a year.  Basically just give him enough ground game to not make an ass of himself, and then he can just punch them hard enough to give them brain damage with those little gloves.  Especially back in the no gloves day.

You could take _no_ MMA fighter and train them to be a world class boxer in a year.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:54:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Kurg:
I don't know, but you could take a 1987 Mike Tyson (or pick your other favorite world class heavyweight champion) and train him to be a world class MMA fighter in a year.  Basically just give him enough ground game to not make an ass of himself, and then he can just punch them hard enough to give them brain damage with those little gloves.  Especially back in the no gloves day.

You could take _no_ MMA fighter and train them to be a world class boxer in a year.

no
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:57:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By cletussd:

agree
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top