Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2001 12:50:53 PM EDT
this may be old news , but i thought it might be interesting to some folks here.

note at the end of story that a person suggested that this person had "access to guns" and subsequently a "SWAT team will be called to your door".

makes me sick!  unfortunately, someone died.

http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/072501/loc_0725010032.shtml
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:52:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
this may be old news , but i thought it might be interesting to some folks here.

note at the end of story that a person suggested that this person had "access to guns" and subsequently a "SWAT team will be called to your door".

makes me sick!  unfortunately, someone died.

[url]www.lubbockonline.com/stories/072501/loc_0725010032.shtml[/url]
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I just loved this part
Firefighters and police were called, and Robinson's wife, Laura, told police Robinson had access to guns. Police later determined Robinson could have been suicidal.
View Quote

LATER and COULD HAVE BEEN.  Sounds real definite to me.  

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Pure speculation on my part, but this is what I think happened.

The husband piled the wife's belonging in the yard and set them on fire.  

Angry as hell the wife called the police and told them that her husband was violent and armed to the teeth.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder what caliber the bullet was that killer the leo. .223 or maybe 9mm?
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Jesus that's lame. These guys are nuts, no fire control at all. 50 rounds from two guys at an unarmed guy. WEAK...
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 2:18:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds to me like they got in a firefight with themselves.

I love this part:  
Officer Marsh Blackmore wrote, "I believe I fired a total of five carefully placed shots at the lower edge of the window as I was afraid of hitting my fellow officers located on the north side of the building."
View Quote
- Hmmm, [i]carefully[/i] placed shots, yet he isn't entirely sure how many he even fired.  He [i]believes[/i] it was five shots.

Does this sound like [i]careful shot placement[/i]??

The MP5s may be loaded with 30-round magazines, and[b] two officers reported shooting 50 rounds each[/b].
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#7]
"The MP5s may be loaded with 30-round magazines, and two officers reported shooting 50 rounds each."

Clip-reload-Clip.

It really amazing that more weren't hurt.

Now I know there is a place for SWAT, but these things seem to be getting just to common.  It has gone beyond the one incident makes cops look bad.  How much of this is hapening on small scale in daily uniformed work that we don't hear about?

It doesn't make me feel good.  Not for anyone.

Zaz
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:37:27 PM EDT
[#8]
A few of you guys are going a little overboard I think.

"A person?" That was his wife who said he had access to guns. It also doesn't state what else she said.  It does say "After failed attempts to coax Robinson from the house, the SWAT team was called." Sure it doesn't give a timeline but there was some coaxing and the time it took SWAT to arrive on scene for Robinson to come out. The SWAT team didn't take action until 4 hours had passed.

It does seem they got into a firefight with themselves and looks like Robinson might not have fired a shot. Not a pretty picture certainly since it looks like one officer is dead and another wounded due to friendly fire. I find fault with the action they took but no fault in SWAT being there.

No where in the story did it say Robinson was armed or not, it stated there were 13 guns in the house.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:00:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I believe in GUN CONTRAL against some creatures of our society.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 1:56:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I tell you guys it was the Bullet Fairy(tm) that dropped the bullet into Officer Cox's helmet, quit trying to make it sound like a friendly fire incident!!!

Besides this just goes to show you that the Poe-leece don't want to do us harm, they are only here to protect us from ourselves! Just think if this homeowner had killed himself then his family would get no insurance $.  Now if the Lubbock Suicide Squad(tm) whacks him out then the family (including the soon to be EX-wife) would get the insurance loot.  They were only trying to do Robinson a favor, right???
[}:D]

Nice shootin' Tex! [frag]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 2:41:00 AM EDT
[#11]
That's scary! Those swat guys were hot to shoot someone. Two guys fired 50 rounds? Gunfire coming through a brick wall? Yikes!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top