Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2011 6:04:55 PM EDT
I thought there was a group that helps reserve officers get body armor at low or no cost. Does anybody know of this group? I am a reserve looking for better armor then the old stuff i have now. I would consider any help. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:41:26 AM EDT
[#1]
If there is a group, it would have been nice to know before I dropped coin on my body armor.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Check out the Reserve Officer Purchase Program from Point Blank Body Armor. 50% off MSRP for qualified officers.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:04:56 AM EDT
[#3]
The only one I'm aware of is the Pont Blank discount.

See here:

http://www.reservepolice.org/pointblank.html

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#4]
The sheriff's dept buys new fitted body armor for our reserves. They will also replace it when it "expires".

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I know this says "agency", but perhaps your agency would consider using the grant to equip its Reserves.

Law Enforcement Agencies seeking funding in the following areas: Tuition for all NRA training classes; Purchase of Portable Defibrillators for use in patrol cars; Purchase and training of K-9 dogs (to be used for drug or bomb detection and search and rescue); Purchase of Individual Body armor; Purchase of “Quic-Clot” (new product for traumatic injury/bleeding—currently in testing phase—recommended for all patrol units); Purchase of Tire spikes—used to stop and puncture tires; Maintenance of, and purchase of Supplies for Police ranges—multi-agency use; Purchase of Individual Traffic safety vests; Purchase of Chemical/biohazard suits; and Purchase of Robots. Other types of projects will be considered on a case by case basis.

http://www.policegrantshelp.com/grants/1849120-NRA-Foundation-Grants/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top