Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2002 10:54:06 PM EDT
now this is justice!~

6/19/02 - Painesville, Ohio) — When police stopped the car he was riding in, Michael Logar ran.  

The Kah-Boom wedding, powdered beer, featherless chicken, and more bizarre headlines.
And now, a judge is telling him to run some more.
Municipal Judge Michael Cicconetti of Painesville, Ohio on Monday ordered Logar to run in a five-mile race next month.

The higher he finishes in the race, the less time he'll have to serve under house arrest.

The judge suspended most of a six-month jail sentence -- on the condition that Logar run.

The judge says, "Since he likes to run from police, I'm going to give him a chance to run away as hard as he can."

Earlier this month, police stopped the car in which he was riding, after seeing him drinking a beer. He fled, and was initially charged with resisting arrest. He eventually pleaded guilty to a lesser charge.

He started a ten-day jail sentence Tuesday -- with four hours of training time a day to prepare for the race.

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:56:07 PM EDT
[#1]
is this how Klinton was elected?  

The Northern California man has pleaded no contest to misdemeanor registration fraud. Miller was fined 250 dollars yesterday and put on probation for six months. The retiree says he signed up his pet poodle as a voter to protest the lax registration process.
Miller says he never voted in Barnabus' name, but the dog did get a jury summons in March. Miller returned the notice with a written explanation of Barnabus' reason for not serving. It said -- quote -- "I have a short attention span, I have to go to the bathroom quite often and besides, I'm a dog."

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone put up a no U-turn sign at an intersection in Marinwood, California. The city didn't do it. The cops didn't do it. But one prankster did.
Locals say they were sick of drivers making a U-turn at that intersection, but nobody will 'fess up to who did it. The cops, who started handing out real tickets for the fake U-turn sign, are baffled.

"It is assumed that if a sign was put up and it looks official, it is official," said Julio Bandoni of the California Highway Patrol.

But here's the kicker. The cops say the tickets won't be dismissed until it can be proved the sign is fake. It pays to obey traffic signs, whether they're real or not.

only in kalifornia

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:00:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Back in the early 70s a buddy of mine [a vet] claimed something like 200,000 exemptions on his fed. income tax. He claimed the whole south vietnamese army. The IRS was not impressed.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:06:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Robert Tompkins had no trouble parachuting off a downtown Los Angeles office tower, police say, but he landed squarely on the black-and-white patrol vehicle driven by the officers investigating an alarm in the buildings.
"He broke a front light," said Officer Guillermo Campos, a spokesman for the department, referring to the damaged car. Tompkins, 29, was apparently uninjured.

Police were called to the 36-story, 496-foot-tall building around 2 a.m. on Tuesday.

"We had been called by security at the building saying we have an alarm going off," Campos said.

Police said they believed Tompkins was simply a thrill-seeker who had broken into the building. After they removed him from the top of their car, the officers arrested him and charged him with trespassing.

Tompkins' choice of locations may have been doomed from the start. The building houses offices for numerous government agencies, including the FBI.

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:07:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Back in the early 70s a buddy of mine [a vet] claimed something like 200,000 exemptions on his fed. income tax. He claimed the whole south vietnamese army. The IRS was not impressed.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:36:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The Northern California man has pleaded no contest to misdemeanor registration fraud. Miller was fined 250 dollars yesterday and put on probation for six months. The retiree says he signed up his pet poodle as a voter to protest the lax registration process.
Miller says he never voted in Barnabus' name, but the dog did get a jury summons in March. Miller returned the notice with a written explanation of Barnabus' reason for not serving. It said -- quote -- "I have a short attention span, I have to go to the bathroom quite often and besides, I'm a dog."

View Quote

Wouldn't they have to fine the Dog? I mean, he is the one who was the registered voter, right?
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 1:07:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

What the hell?  They certainly were dependents, and in some cases unable to care for themselves or their country.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 12:37:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is not the first time. Some guy from Maryland did the same thing in 1999 to protest Clinton's National Voter Registration Act. In both cases, they did it as a protest against lax voter registration laws. These same laws make it possible for illegal immigrants and non-citizens to vote in our elections. I know for a fact that Loretta Sanchez (a Congressmen from Orange County, CA) won that way. She got the illegal alien vote.

Anyway, these guys at least had to balls to show how much of a joke our election laws are and were willing to take the heat for their actions.

My hat's off to them.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:24:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Some officials in Southington, Connecticut, are worried that the location of the new police station is going to fuel negative stereotypes about police officers.  

The Kah-Boom wedding, powdered beer, featherless chicken, and more bizarre headlines.
The address is 69 Lazy Lane.
Some people think it will bring to mind jokes about cops eating doughnuts and goofing off on the job.

Former Police Chief William Perry has suggested to the town council that the driveway leading into the station be renamed to honor the late police chief.

And several town councilors say they support that idea.

MORE BIZZARE NEWS TO FOLLOW!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top