Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/29/2005 8:26:23 PM EDT
I say Betty Grable

(Don't post BOTD pics so the thread doesn't get locked)

Before I went off to Basic, I wrote 'Life' magazine and they sent me a glossy. My pal mailed it to me and I put it in my locker.

Drill Sergeant took one look at it, reached for it to tear it off and saw it was a glossy.

"This an original?"

Told him I got it from 'Life' and that if it was good enough for my dad's locker in WW2, it ought to be good enough for mine.

Drill Sergeant told me to cover it with a single piece of white paper.

During an inspection by the Company Commander, the Captain lifted the paper, and the Drill Sergeant actually told him it was from my dad and had been in his locker during WW2.

"Pretty neat," said the Captain.

And Old Betty graced my locker for the rest of my hitch except for a while at AIT where the Drill Sergeant made me take it off and store it in my locker.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:35:12 PM EDT
Oh the WWII pinups were the best.
In a non PC world where men were men, a girl in a one piece swim suit could open the imagination.
We didn't need the hustler type views because the mind would fill in the blanks.
And women wanted to be in those shots, they knew that the MEN looking were all horney and had a set of balls.
Not like the metro males of today.
Just look at what happened after 9/11 Firemen were the hotest topic for women. Women know what kind of men can protect them, yes some of us have knucles that drag the ground.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:49:29 PM EDT
Take it to Team.

And I nominate Jane Russell.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:54:12 PM EDT
That "Million Dollar Legs" photo of Betty Grable is without a doubt the most famous pinup photo from WWII and she was a beauty so it's hard to disagree with your choice.

Another babe from the day was Rhonda Fleming. Some of her WWII era photos are great.

And Hedy Lamarr was beautiful and had a great mind as well:

"The strangest tale is the true story of the German film star Hedy Lamarr, who fled from the clutches of her husband, an arms manufacturer in league with Hitler and Mussolini. Lamarr arrived in Hollywood, where she ended up patenting a device that could control torpedoes without enemy signals jamming the system. The device was based on the idea that secret messages can be coded as a series of random musical notes. Although the device could not be built with the technology of the 1940s, her idea of "frequency hopping" is widely used today to enable secure communication between mobile phones. The story has been included because Lamarr ­ like so many other women ­ was discouraged from pursuing her talents in science any further."

And it's NOT Hedley!!

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:58:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hipster:
That "Million Dollar Legs" photo of Betty Grable is without a doubt the most famous pinup photo from WWII and she was a beauty so it's hard to disagree with your choice.

Another babe from the day was Rhonda Fleming. Some of her WWII era photos are great.

And Hedy Lamarr was beautiful and had a great mind as well:

"The strangest tale is the true story of the German film star Hedy Lamarr, who fled from the clutches of her husband, an arms manufacturer in league with Hitler and Mussolini. Lamarr arrived in Hollywood, where she ended up patenting a device that could control torpedoes without enemy signals jamming the system. The device was based on the idea that secret messages can be coded as a series of random musical notes. Although the device could not be built with the technology of the 1940s, her idea of "frequency hopping" is widely used today to enable secure communication between mobile phones. The story has been included because Lamarr ­ like so many other women ­ was discouraged from pursuing her talents in science any further."

And it's NOT Hedley!!

She was also in the film Extase (1933) which included a nude swin and run through the woods.

When she got married later he husband tried to purchase and destroy all the copies of the film but many people, including Benito Mussolini, refused to part with their copy.

The film was later banned by the Hayes code in the US.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:03:03 PM EDT
The '40s were so full of gorgeous women, there's no way anybody could pick one that stands out.

Women today need to watch some of those old movies from the '30s & '40s and take notes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:20:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/30/2005 2:15:17 AM EDT by swingset]
Hedy Lamarr, always my favorite actress and pinup gal from that time...

She had a timeless beauty, and was smart as hell too.....holds a co-patent for Spread Spectrum technology.

Here's a very safe picture...

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:42:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By swingset:
Hedy Lamarr, always my favorite actress from that time...

She had a timeless beauty, and was smart as hell too.....holds a co-patent for Spread Spectrum technology.

Here's a very safe picture...

www.worldofepicmovies.net/hedy37.jpg

Hubba, Hubba!! And I mean that with the utmost respect.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:07:08 AM EDT
Rita Hayworth and Veronica Lake.

At least that's what my dad sez.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:10:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:46:40 AM EDT
Anything by Vargas.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:56:22 AM EDT

Rita Hayworth and Veronica Lake.

+1

You read my mind!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:01:56 AM EDT
I remember a quote from Rita Hayworth in an interview (she's my favorite)

"The problem I have with men in my relationships is that they go to bed with Gilda and wake up with me."
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:04:32 AM EDT
Rita Hayworth, no doubt.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:31:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Jarhead_22:

Originally Posted By LesBaer45:
Rita Hayworth

+1

Check the Pinup topic in the Team Forum.
Top Top