Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2005 4:16:23 AM EDT
I have a couple questions regarding the bayonet option for the SEBR.

First, I have searched EE a few times and only once have I found a black version of the bayonet.  the other few i saw were the army green color.

I would like to pick up one just because i can, but don't know what exactly to look for or where to look.

what is the military designation for the bayonet (so i could google it and find the correct thing).  

It makes sense to get a black one since the rifle itself is black.. otherwise that would just look weird.

also, what is a good price for one?  If i remember correctly the one i saw in EE was like 80 bucks.  Found some bayonet thing online for 40, but it said something about 1970s in the description
(http://www.uswings.com/knives.asp  - "US Military M7 Bayonet")

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:43:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Do a search om ebay for M9 which is the current or M7 which the older style. They usually have a ton of people auctioning them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:52:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Or, go get the new Marine bayonet that Ontario makes. Best combonation of field knife/bayonet Ive found.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:04:47 AM EDT
[#3]
i picked up a couple of un-issued m7's a year or 2 ago from sportmans guide for $16? or so. Wear on the scabbard but the blades were new. Might wanna check em.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Or, go get the new Marine bayonet that Ontario makes. Best combonation of field knife/bayonet Ive found.

do you know if these are made in black?  i've found some stuff on a search but they're tan for the Iraq stuff.

also, how does a bayonet attach?  

(if anyone has the necessary equipment + a nice digital camera feel free to take some step by step pics)
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:34:23 PM EDT
[#5]
i found these 2:

M9

M-9 Bayonet USGI Black

OKCS3 Marine Bayonet with Scabbard

are these the 2 you speak of?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top