Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2005 4:16:23 AM EDT
I have a couple questions regarding the bayonet option for the SEBR.

First, I have searched EE a few times and only once have I found a black version of the bayonet.  the other few i saw were the army green color.

I would like to pick up one just because i can, but don't know what exactly to look for or where to look.

what is the military designation for the bayonet (so i could google it and find the correct thing).  

It makes sense to get a black one since the rifle itself is black.. otherwise that would just look weird.

also, what is a good price for one?  If i remember correctly the one i saw in EE was like 80 bucks.  Found some bayonet thing online for 40, but it said something about 1970s in the description
(http://www.uswings.com/knives.asp  - "US Military M7 Bayonet")

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:43:38 AM EDT
Do a search om ebay for M9 which is the current or M7 which the older style. They usually have a ton of people auctioning them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:52:05 AM EDT
Or, go get the new Marine bayonet that Ontario makes. Best combonation of field knife/bayonet Ive found.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:04:47 AM EDT
i picked up a couple of un-issued m7's a year or 2 ago from sportmans guide for $16? or so. Wear on the scabbard but the blades were new. Might wanna check em.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:30:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/10/2005 4:35:08 PM EDT by soccermike7]

Originally Posted By JSteensen:
Or, go get the new Marine bayonet that Ontario makes. Best combonation of field knife/bayonet Ive found.

do you know if these are made in black?  i've found some stuff on a search but they're tan for the Iraq stuff.

also, how does a bayonet attach?  

(if anyone has the necessary equipment + a nice digital camera feel free to take some step by step pics)
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:34:23 PM EDT
i found these 2:

M9

M-9 Bayonet USGI Black

OKCS3 Marine Bayonet with Scabbard

are these the 2 you speak of?
Top Top