Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2005 10:28:44 PM EDT
I thought some of you guys  girls would like this. A friend (who is 9+ months pregnant) came over to jump on the trampoline to try and get the baby to come out. I guess she heard somewhere that works. Anyways, before she took off to go home, she got all giddy and said, "oh yeah! Before I have the baby I want to take a picture of me barefoot and pregnant, holding some of your guns!"

Anyways, she's nearly a week overdue and is ready for the baby to come out. Anybody know any secrets? She's tried the raw egg thing, and going for long walks. Nothing so far and the doctor today said the baby is healthy but might not even come for another week or so.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:50:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Trampoline eh?  .... O.K.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:47:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Bumpy car ride? She'll have to put those pics in the babies book.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:30:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Cute.
At least she has a sense of humor.

9 months is just an average. Some come sooner, some come later. It's just like body temperature. 98.6 isn't necessarily normal for everyone. It's just an average.

At any rate, the way doctors are these days, I don't think she'll have to worry too much about it. If it doesn't come on it's own real soon, they'll induce her anyway.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:34:43 AM EDT
[#4]
My midwife said that most of her natural childbirth ladies (75%) deliver a week after the "due date", but not me... right on time.  No recommendations as I'm not sure it's a good idea to speed it up.

She doesn't LOOK 9 months pregnant... maybe it's the big shirt.  I was huge at 9 months.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:36:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Now thats good stuff.You got a real good one there sir!!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:39:15 AM EDT
[#6]
She really looks small for 9 months!  The picture is awesome.  Very cute.

My horse was exactly 1 month late with her foal, so she carried for 12 months (a full year!).  

I'm sure your friend is uncomfortable, but the baby knows best when it's done developing and ready to come into the world.  All the jumping is probably just entertainment.  LOL.  

Won't be too much longer, I hope she has a good delivery and a healthy baby.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:40:30 AM EDT
[#7]
heehee--awesome pix

my sister in law swears by rearranging the furniture to bring on labor....
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:47:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Raw eggs?= Salmonella poisoning.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:47:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I took long walks to bring on labor with the first two who were both close to 2 weeks late, I didn't want labor to start on the 3rd, but he had a mind of his own, coming 3 weeks early.
I have heard that   works well in getting labor started too.
thanks for sharing the pics and wish her well for me.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:12:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Anybody know any secrets?  

Sex.  Not sure if it really works, but I had my wife convinced

BTW- She is one beautiful lady.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:17:53 AM EDT
[#11]
What did she do with the raw eggs?! I can't imagine that would be good.  LOL  When I went into labor, I was getting a pedicure...HAHA....made it a little uncomfy,  but I enjoyed it anyways...I was in labor for 38 hours though, so I guess it was just taking its time on being productive labor lol.  I was also a week past my due date.  

Spicy foods is supposed to help...walking on a treadmill is what I did for a few days before I started labor.  *shrugs* who knows.  It's best to wait on the baby to be ready anyways :)  I have a LONG way to go...end of January comes LOL
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:59:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I took long walks to bring on labor with the first two who were both close to 2 weeks late, I didn't want labor to start on the 3rd, but he had a mind of his own, coming 3 weeks early.
I have heard that   works well in getting labor started too.
thanks for sharing the pics and wish her well for me.

Sex in a vibrating recliner works....
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:00:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Nice pic.

+ 1 on the

I really don't advise speedy up going into labor; the baby will come when it is ready.  The due date is an estimate of sorts.  It is normal for the baby to be born two weeks before or after the due date.  BTW, I went over with all 4 of my children.  My son (3rd child) was three weeks late - even after the doctor tried inducing labor on three occasions!  Boy was I miserable.

I had a neighbor who went out and cut grass on a riding mower to start her labor (she wanted to get back into shape before summer .  That was the only time I ever saw her do any work - and it did work for her; she had the baby the next day.

Best of luck to your friend.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:03:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Sex will help knock that youngun' loose.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:09:37 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Sex will help knock that youngun' loose.

And put a dent in the babies forehead........Unless you dont have to worry about that?

But seriousley, My wife and I tried that too, didnt work........but still tried over and over and over....
And the car rides....
And the hot tub.....
And bumpy rides on the 4 wheeler
Boat rides also.....

She was finally induced almost 2 weeks after her due date.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:12:51 AM EDT
[#16]
My first "started" on his due date (born the next day) after a weekend of fun. My second...ugh...I was sooooo bloody uncomfortable I don't even think I said the word "sex" during the last trimester...bugger still came 3 days before my scheduled C-Section date...

Kids are like those timers on Turkeys at Thanksgiving: pop out when they wanna...and that's the God honest truth!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:22:39 AM EDT
[#17]
They don't always come out on the due date.  

I stayed in the womb for an extra month.  Would have stayed longer but the damn doctor decided to do a C-section and drag me out, kicking and screaming.  He said he's never seen a baby so determined not to be born.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:26:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Sex in a vibrating recliner works....

And a new sig is born...
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:02:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
They don't always come out on the due date.  

I stayed in the womb for an extra month.  Would have stayed longer but the damn doctor decided to do a C-section and drag me out, kicking and screaming.  He said he's never seen a baby so determined not to be born.

How old where you when you moved out of the parent's house?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:28:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Great pic...

I have nothing else to contribute since I've never been prego, so I'm outta here.

Yeah, um.....ok, but do you ever bounce on a trampoline?  How bout the vibrating chair?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#22]
If I remember correctly, when my mom was pregnant with my little brother, I wouldn't have wanted anyone to give her a gun.

But her trigger finger is good.

Hopefully the baby will come soon and be healthy.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:31:46 AM EDT
[#23]
My wife was scheduled for a cesarian (sp?) on July 21, 1999. On the 19th we went to an Astros game and we, (mostly she), at a bunch of ball park peanuts. The next morning I got up to get ready for work at 6:30. She got up and went to the bathroom before I hopped in the shower. Couple minutes later I hear, "Uhhhh, I think my water just broke." Sure 'nuff, she gets off the pot and walks back into the bedroom and is leaving a little trail behind her.
We call both mom's and the hospital to let everyone know we are on the way. We load up in the car and head out. Now, living in Houston, traffic is pretty much fucked anytime after 7am, so we get in the H.O.V. lane during the time where you are required to have 3 or more people riding in the vehicle. Just as we are nearing the end of the HOV lane there are 2 Metro patrol cars there and they are stopping violaters, (us). I pull over and holler out the window "My wife is pregnant and her water just broke!"
He waves us through and said "Have a nice day!"
A few hours later the prettiest little girl EVER was born...one day early!

To this day she still swears it was the peanuts that did it!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:59:45 AM EDT
[#24]
ya almost had three.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:44:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
If I remember correctly, when my mom was pregnant with my little brother, I wouldn't have wanted anyone to give her a gun.

But her trigger finger is good.

Hopefully the baby will come soon and be healthy.

A woman after my own heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top