Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2001 6:11:45 AM EDT
she now has a titanium braced lower back. and has been enjoying a pain free existence for the first time in years. modern medicine actually works quite well. it would have been better if the friggin' insurance company had pulled it's head out of it's a--. this was a rebuild of a fusion that she had done 12 years ago, and as it turned out, had not healed properly. anybody ever have this done? if so, how do you feel?
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 6:13:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I am still trying to figure out what surgury is!
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 6:49:58 AM EDT
[#2]
My entire back is so bad I may have to look into that one of these days.
I figure I'll try it when they tell us their not going to let us die anymore.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 9:07:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I crushed my L2 in April of this year. Had to have surgery to remove the razor sharp shards up against the spinal cord. The L2 is now 30% smaller than before. I have two titanium rods with three clamps. They scraped bone off my hips and packed it around the L2 to give it some mass. Some pain, more muscle spasm trouble than anything. It just takes time, and a lot of it. I can predict the weather pretty well, but my mobility is quite good. You have to fight the pain, or it WILL kick your ass. Best regards to the wife.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#4]
i have 2 titanium screws (dr. called them cages because they are hollow and are packed with bone that grow thru holes in the screw)that were used to fuse my L4&5. its been great i can do anything i want know pretty much pain free!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top