Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/1/2004 3:12:58 PM EST
Anyone have any opinions on bachman pawn and gun of TX.
they usually have fullpage ads in SGN?
I what to get some items they have and wanted some feedback as to good guy bad guy.
thanks.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:18:48 PM EST
They're huge in the DFW area-always have plenty of tables at all the gun shows, and their prices are very competitive. They've been around a long time, and I've never heard any complaints about them. As ususal, YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:23:58 PM EST
Price setters at the Texas gun shows. Large selection and great prices. They have been big players in this area as I recall for about 20 years. No TLC, just honest goods and low prices.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:36:25 PM EST
See them at the Houston shows regularly and they tend to have lots on hand w/ decent pricing. I know they've been around awhile.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:41:19 PM EST
I teach at a gun range, and if I need something we dont have I cant wait for I go to Bachman.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:16:05 PM EST
I've been to the shop several times. It's located on Mockingbird close to Love Field. Lots of LEO business. I bought my 700 PSS there, so prices are reasonable. Lots of Kimbers in the display cases. I forget the name of the owner but he hangs out and seems nice enough. Accessories galore and well priced. Ammo is kinda pricey though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:43:32 PM EST
Reputable people to do business with. But because they do so much business, and sell there guns at cheapest prices, you might find that they really have a somewhat "Take it or leave it" flakey attitude. I suppose that's OK if you know what you want, and just put the cash down on the table. You'll still get the quick little grin and "thank you" I suppose. My gripe is my being blown off on two seperate occassions when I wanted to see if they would take deposits or at least tell me that I could obtain a Colt LEO rifle from them for when the sunset occurred. The owner would hear nothing of it, and ended the conversation walking away from me like I had bad breath. Others have gladly welcomed my business for that September 14th date. No biggie. The 2 rifle purchases I have arranged for the 14th is his loss.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:24:20 PM EST
I bought 12 beta mags from them when they had them for $379. No problems, fast service.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:27:45 AM EST

Originally Posted By VaniB:
Reputable people to do business with. But because they do so much business, and sell there guns at cheapest prices, you might find that they really have a somewhat "Take it or leave it" flakey attitude. I suppose that's OK if you know what you want, and just put the cash down on the table. You'll still get the quick little grin and "thank you" I suppose. My gripe is my being blown off on two seperate occassions when I wanted to see if they would take deposits or at least tell me that I could obtain a Colt LEO rifle from them for when the sunset occurred. The owner would hear nothing of it, and ended the conversation walking away from me like I had bad breath. Others have gladly welcomed my business for that September 14th date. No biggie. The 2 rifle purchases I have arranged for the 14th is his loss.

He was probably just concerned that you might be a BATF agent/shill looking to get him in trouble. Being an FFL isn't exactly a hazard free business.

I've purchased from them and have been pleased. I do find it funny that their web page takes you to Cheaper Than Dirt though.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Top Top