Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/9/2002 12:17:23 PM EDT
I read alot of posts that have this statement in them. I'm assuming this means that the assault weapons bans could expire after a certain amount of time. Could someone explain this to me?
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:00:33 PM EDT
Basically, if the AW ban isn't renewed in 2004, it no longer exists. This works for us mainly because politicians need to get off their asses and fight over it again. I'm studying gun control law in Fordham Law right now and from what I can gather about cases and such, I expect it to sunset. I don't think with Bush in office that this one will fly again, especially since it hasn't reduced crime one bit.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:04:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Minman72: I don't think with Bush in office that this one will fly again, especially since it hasn't reduced crime one bit.
View Quote
From your lips to God's ears brother!
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:18:42 PM EDT
Thanks for the info. So if the ban sunsets will all postban rifles be able to have all the so called evil features?
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:21:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jtw2:
Originally Posted By Minman72: I don't think with Bush in office that this one will fly again, especially since it hasn't reduced crime one bit.
View Quote
View Quote
What in the hell are you talking about? Think of all the lives of little children, butterflys and puppies saved by the removal of those horrible bayonet lugs! You guys are sick...really! Robby
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:45:07 PM EDT
Hmm, the AW ban made all those preban guns rare, and expensive right? And if it sunsets, noone will make any more postban configured AR's. So my postban rifle should rise in value! I think I'll go buy 20 postban Bushy's and sit on them till 2004. [:D] Then I'll sell them all at $2000 each!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:14:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2002 5:18:35 PM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:42:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By robbyd:
Originally Posted By jtw2:
View Quote
View Quote
What in the hell are you talking about? Think of all the lives of little children, butterflys and puppies saved by the removal of those horrible bayonet lugs! You guys are sick...really! Robby
View Quote
Sorry, I'll say five hail Mary's and fast for a week for my evil thoughts. Just to think of all of the damage my words could have done. I am as evil as the rifle I shoot. [}:)]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:11:21 PM EDT
You would have to check your state laws. Liberal legislators were in a panic during Clinton's last term to pass state law clones of the federal law. Their excuse in overcoming objections was that the laws were only copies of an existing federal law. The people were not made aware that the federal law had a "sunset" provision and their state copies did not. It was another exercise in deception and dishonesty visited upon citizens by their "public servants".
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 10:12:48 PM EDT
Bush has already said he supports the AW ban and hi cap mag ban when he was running for president, you had better get out and vote this nov, because we have a hell of a fight ahead of us..... Bluemax
Top Top