Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2001 5:53:14 PM EDT
what have you got and why?

i picked up two benchmade auto knives at the ft.worth g-show (2550s mini reflex and a 3550s mel pardue pre-production)this weekend.  almost got a microtech, but they are damn expensive.  still continue like the spyderco delica for carry.

i suppose a chl will not allow these to be carried legally.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
As much as you'd like it to cover other things,,, it only covers a handgun. Sorry. It will however influence the officer about you. Carrying an illegal knife could also prove to be justification for repealing your CHL. What a risk.

I prefer the benchmade version of the Emerson CQC7. It is a damn fine hand weapon and acceptable replacement for a cold steel standard tanto. It's not automatic but more flexible and quiet.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
what have you got and why?

i picked up two benchmade auto knives at the ft.worth g-show (2550s mini reflex and a 3550s mel pardue pre-production)this weekend.  almost got a microtech, but they are damn expensive.  still continue like the spyderco delica for carry.

i suppose a chl will not allow these to be carried legally.
View Quote

In Oregon you can carry an automatic knife legally as long as it's not concealed. Thus, the pocketclip found on most benchmade knives.

_FS
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 2:37:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, I don't have any auto knives but Microtech fit and finish is second to none on a production knife.

MOD ( Masters Of Defense ) knives are also pretty well made.  They are slighty lower in price than a comparable Microtech.

Microtechs aren't all that eXpensive.  
You can shell out around $250.00 and get a cool Microtech LCC.  

This is a double action coil spring knife that was designed by Lightfoot.

But hurry, the end of the LCC run is nearing.  I have already seen the Microtech "claw" logo on a Damascus LCC.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 3:58:46 AM EDT
[#4]
mikNtx: I've had my mel pardue auto for about three years now. Best fucking pocket knife i've ever owned. It's ok to carry them here in OR., and Benchmade is a ten minute drive from my house, which is nice. I've only sent it to them once to get it tuned up. Didn't cost anything, and it was faster and sharper than ever. I don't see any reason to own any other pocket knife. peace
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top