Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2008 6:54:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 6:59:00 AM EDT
[#1]
When she straddles your waist with her legs and rubs your sides raw from her leg hair, it's time

CJ
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 7:07:08 AM EDT
[#2]
my daughter is already doing it. ( she just turned 14 )
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 8:54:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
my daughter is already doing it. ( she just turned 14 )

Dear God,

Please, no daughters.

Thank you,
Doable_Bill
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 9:11:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I was by about 13-14ish too.  I can't remember exactly.  Even then I felt like I was starting late.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I was about 14-15 when I started shaving as my Mom wouldn't let me earlier.

My daughter was 11 when she started asking to shave her legs and I figured it
was one battle I was okay with letting her win!  
I explained to her that the newness of it would soon wear off - now  at 14
she finds it kind of a pain.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#6]
i started at 13 but i had some friends that started when they were around 16. one of them had really light blonde hair, so it didn't really show.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#7]
It depends if she grows hair that is unattrative. My gf is Asian and she has never shaved her legs. U have to get really clsoe to see them and I cant even feel them (the hair). Same as a man, the more U shave the thicker it grows back.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 11:24:50 AM EDT
[#8]
i would say as soon as real hair starts growing.  kids notice and will tease mercilessly otherwise. my sister is 11. I bought her a razor.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#9]
My suggestion is not to go with any particular age really.

Look for indicators that will tell you when it's time for the individual girl to begin shaving.

A few that come right to mind are:

1) When you go to the zoo and you have to show the girl's birth certificate and photo I.D. to leave , you know it's getting close to that time.

2) When you go camping and your little girl is at the BACK of the pack of running, screaming campers, and she's yelling " What's a Yetti ?? Why is everyone running from me ?? Wait for me!!".

3) When her Orthopaedist tells you that unless she begins shaving, the added weight of all the beads from her AND all her friends bracelet making kits, combined with all the 7th and 8th grade girl's field hockey team's hair barrettes may cause permanent damage if not removed soon. These are not to be used to disguise hairy legs.

4) When at a glance, you can't seem to see the divide between what's dog and what's her lap when she's snuggling with Fluffy on the couch, watching Planet of the Apes , over and over and over again.

5) When your landscaper offers to give her a quick trim while he's still got the equipment out after doing your hedges. Do not pay more than $25 for this extra service. You can probably get the guy that operates the weed wacker to do it for less if you toss him a few bucks on the sly.

6) When anyone exclaims "Holy sh*t , it's moving towards us!!!!" , it's a true sign she's become the freak with the overly hairy legs.

(added late)
7) When she gets out of the pool and her legs have better grain patterns than some of the finest imported shotgun stocks you've seen.

8) When she gets repeated offers to join an Alaskan dog sledding team, with her pick of possition up front.

9) When she wears stockings and it looks like a Chia pet experiment.

10) When she wears a skirt and it looks like Cousin It from the Adams Family is giving her a piggy-back ride.

These are just a few that come to mind. Other signs will present themselves if you watch carefully.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Same as a man, the more U shave the thicker it grows back.

Actually, I don't think that's ever been proven.

Does Shaving Make Hair Grow Back Thicker?

When you shave your legs, it only seems as if the regrowth is darker and coarser.

The hair shaft tapers at the end. "When you shave it, you're crossing the midshaft, so it seems like it's thicker and more coarse," explains Dr. Robin Ashinoff, director of cosmetic dermatology at Hackensack University Medical Center. "But it's not."
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#11]
My parents made me wait until middle school to shave and even though I probably didn't need to, it was annoying. I'll let my future daughter (if I am cursed with one!!) shave whenever she wants to. She will realize that it gets old soon on her own!
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 1:28:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I think I started shaving around 13. I really didn't need to, but all my 8th grade friends all did, so thought I should start too.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 2:18:25 AM EDT
[#13]
@IM2
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 8:19:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I started at 13.  I gave my daughter an electric razor at the same age.  I still have nightmares [and scars] over some of my early attempts with the razor.  I don't believe shaving has effected my hair growth any.  In fact I went camping a few weeks ago and forgot my razor and after three days I found my leg hair softer [and of course longer] than I remembered.

Q
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#15]
When you do not have to wear long pants in winter
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I think I was about 13 and now I wish I didn't have to..what a PIA.. After a day it drives me nuts..
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 10:14:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By Wolfman223:
When you do not have to wear long pants in winter

personal experience? j/k
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I think I was about 13 and now I wish I didn't have to..what a PIA.. After a day it drives me nuts..

You know, laser isn't too expensive... I had a free consult a month or so ago.  Look into that.... Once I pay off a couple things, I might invest.  I am tired of shaving off my fingernails by accident!
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#19]
If they are old enough to go to the store...

TRG
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I say when ever they come to you and say mom or dad I want to shave my legs all the girls are doing it.  

I have little opinion on this because my mom wouldn't let me she used to say that if GOD wanted it to be short then it would not grow.

I know that she is full of BS but she is gone and I never have to deal with her fucked up views on how kids should be raised.

You will have to think twice if the conversation were with your son and not your daughter.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know, laser isn't too expensive... I had a free consult a month or so ago.  Look into that.... Once I pay off a couple things, I might invest.  I am tired of shaving off my fingernails by accident!

I was just looking into that today actually..same here though..once I pay some stuff off I will do it...
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought I was the only person to do that! I will be shaving , in a hurry as always, and will take off a fingernail or snag it so bad, I have to clip it off when I am out of the shower. I have thought about laser but it seems really expensive. Then again, if I shaved everyday like I want, that is a lot of money for razors.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#23]
I shave and though I'm not proud to admit it, it's all worth it as I do a lot of cycling. I just started at 18.
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#24]
My fiance's middle girl has jet black hair from her French father and she started at 11 because she looked like a tarantula.  Other two girls are blond and it has been less of an issue.  Her mother was very weird about it so I got her a safety razor and made her practice on kiwis and she did fine.  Her mother also didn't get her decent haircuts until I started doing it for her.  Pretty women are weird with their girls.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought I was the only person to do that! I will be shaving , in a hurry as always, and will take off a fingernail or snag it so bad, I have to clip it off when I am out of the shower. I have thought about laser but it seems really expensive. Then again, if I shaved everyday like I want, that is a lot of money for razors.

Oh my gosh, me too! It's not just painful, it feels so creepy to slice into you nail. Ugh. I'm shuddering as I type. I used to slice up my legs too, but using razors that have wire wrapped around the blades really helps.

I didn't shave regularly until I was 21. It wasn't that bad, I'm a blond.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:51:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If they are old enough to go to the store...

TRG
What would the punchline to this one be?

I think it was an attempt to allude "They can go and get their own when they think they are old enough".
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top