Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/4/2015 4:29:25 PM EDT
In the surgery/supplies department.

So far, one Fucked up hand, skin debridement on a kid, a rectal abscess and a guy who shot himself in the stomach with a shotgun.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:32:49 PM EDT
how many blown off fingers so far today?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:36:42 PM EDT
how did the guy manage to shoot himself in the stomach with a shotgun?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:38:27 PM EDT
My GF is on duty in the ER this weekend. Three OD's last night, one didn't make it. Nutty...
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:39:27 PM EDT
I used to do your job. The only good thing about working today are the stories you can tell about the weird stuff you see/hear about due to the holiday and drinking/fireworks.

Make sure you post about the guy who comes in to get a shampoo bottle removed from his ass or a pen removed from his urethra.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:39:38 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mak0:
how many blown off fingers so far today?
View Quote

Technically 0, no one sells the good stuff any more. But the hand case is semi related.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:41:05 PM EDT
Still early, wait till the booze really starts flowing!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:41:19 PM EDT
IT support in the house, working Fri-Mon.
Staying away from the ED.
No questions.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:41:27 PM EDT
Have any drunk driving accident people been there yet?

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:41:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DudeRN:
View Quote

No one's figured that out. He apparently laid in a field for a few hours before calling 911.  Entered the front side and exit across the other side. They are doing a bowel resection right now and cleaning things up. Hes lucky.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:41:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tesla120:

So far, one Fucked up hand, skin debridement on a kid, a rectal abscess and a guy who shot himself in the stomach with a shotgun.

View Quote

Already got my 4th out of the way at the healthsystem
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:43:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By A_G:
I used to do your job. The only good thing about working today are the stories you can tell about the weird stuff you see/hear about due to the holiday and drinking/fireworks.

Make sure you post about the guy who comes in to get a shampoo bottle removed from his ass or a pen removed from his urethra.
View Quote

Had a carrot a few days ago. Haven't seen the shampoo bottle myself, but I've heard of other people seeing it here.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:44:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TZ250:
My GF is on duty in the ER this weekend. Three OD's last night, one didn't make it. Nutty...
View Quote

I'm not in the ER much, but last night there was a girl screaming for Oxy, I head her all the way down the hall.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:45:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Udder_Catastrophe:
Have any drunk driving accident people been there yet?

View Quote

None that I know of. But I only ever see the worst of the worst who don't die right away.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:06:20 PM EDT
Worked 2200-0700 today. Go back in tonight at 2200. Electrical on the Engineering side. And yes we do get to "cut/remove weird, crazy, sharp, things from bodies, while Dr. helps/looks on.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:10:40 PM EDT

Had a carrot a few days ago. Haven't seen the shampoo bottle myself, but I've heard of other people seeing it here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By A_G:

Shampoo bottle? Check. She said the Pastor didn't know how it ended up in his colon.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:18:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TZ250:
View Quote

Lots of traumas in my ER last night. Should be interesting tonight.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:20:57 PM EDT
Have any flag burners shown up with a swollen face?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:22:50 PM EDT
Working tonight.

Can't wait for the unhelmented Florida motorbike crashes, kids dun blow'd themselves up, and lots and lots of DUIs.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:23:17 PM EDT
View Quote

Grab a loaded one by the muzzle and pull it towards you.  This is one of THE classic hunting accidents.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:24:04 PM EDT
What is a  rectal abscess ?   Sounds real nasty.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:28:56 PM EDT

View Quote
Has to be some kind of special for that

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:32:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/4/2015 5:36:56 PM EDT by tesla120]
Originally Posted By Coltman77:
View Quote

Have you ever had an abscess in your tooth? You know how it's all pussy infected and nasty? Yea same thing only a lot more nasty infection and it's in your ass.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:35:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GreenBastard:
Working tonight.

Can't wait for the unhelmented Florida motorbike crashes, kids dun blow'd themselves up, and lots and lots of DUIs.
View Quote

Hate it when they unhelment.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:36:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/4/2015 5:38:40 PM EDT by Udder_Catastrophe]
Have any FSA types shown up for minor injuries yet? Screaming in the waiting room, threatening to sue, with their 87 children running around breaking everything?

I've seen that same thing once in my life. It made me believe in the phrase: "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:37:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tyman:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tyman:
Originally Posted By GreenBastard:
Working tonight.

Carpal tunnel.

My typing/spelling is getting egregious
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:37:59 PM EDT
OP, how many gunshot wounds have you seen?

Do the people shot with Less Than Lethal calibers (.25, .32, .380, 9mm) come in perky and chipper, like they just got beaned in a softball game?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:38:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Udder_Catastrophe:
Have any FSA types showed up for minor injuries yet? Screaming in the waiting room, with their 87 children running around breaking everything?

I've seen that same thing once in my life. It made me believe in the phrase: "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
View Quote

There was only one person in the waiting room when I came in, usually it's packed with people when I leave at 2300.

I don't get it, if you can wait in the ER waiting room you shouldn't be at the ER.  I wish they were allowed to tell people to go away
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:39:58 PM EDT
Working at the FD today. I'm really worried right now, because I never have time to take a 'safety nap' in the afternoon, and just slept for an hour.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:40:29 PM EDT
Im off for the whole weekend thank god. But the last couple of days we really interdasting
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:42:19 PM EDT
Ever seen a person swallow their own head? You said ask anything.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:43:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By California14er:
OP, how many gunshot wounds have you seen?

Do the people shot with Less Than Lethal calibers (.25, .32, .380, 9mm) come in perky and chipper, like they just got beaned in a softball game?
View Quote

I've only seen 3, it's an uncommon thing here. Shotgun was awake and surprisingly normal acting. Guy who bevmcame an active shooter a few months ago was pretty Fucked up, I could t see how after the headshot he was still alive. He didn't make it out of the OR, iirc that was a 9mm. Other one was a leg shot I'm not sure what the round was, but he was drugged up and happy.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:44:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Frank_The_Tank:
Ever seen a person swallow their own head? You said ask anything.
View Quote

Once back in the 90's, there was a gif on the internet of some guy doing it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:45:02 PM EDT
Do you believe -even for a minute- that he slipped in the shower and fell rectum-first onto the curling iron?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:46:08 PM EDT
What's your best poop story?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:46:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Powerkicker:
Do you believe -even for a minute- that he slipped in the shower and fell rectum-first onto the curling iron?
View Quote

No, for one, curling irons don't sit that way, and two as electronics they don't go in the shower
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:47:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bgrhammer:
View Quote

Not going to lock the thread, because if I told it, they would.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:47:35 PM EDT

Have you ever had an abscess in your tooth? You know how it's all pussy infected and nasty? Yea same thing only a lot more nasty infection and it's in your ass.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Coltman77:

I was going to ask how that could happen but nevermind.  Hope you get home soon.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:50:41 PM EDT
So, if I stepped on a rusty nail and it went in half to 3 quarters inch, and I can't remember when I had my last tetanus shot--do I have to come in today, or can I wait until Monday?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:50:49 PM EDT

View All Quotes

Ok give us your most amusing story.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:58:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DaveSpud:
So, if I stepped on a rusty nail and it went in half to 3 quarters inch, and I can't remember when I had my last tetanus shot--do I have to come in today, or can I wait until Monday?
View Quote

Well I'm not a doctor, but I'd say throw a bandaid on it and stop being a bitch.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:01:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/4/2015 6:03:05 PM EDT by tesla120]

View All Quotes

Guy waiting in the ER, scheduled for a Lap Exploritory for an apparent foreign object in his abdomen. He had so much gold jewelry and cash, that the hospital wouldn't take his belongings into custody and they made him call a family member to hold on to it.

When they wheeled him by me he was exactly what I pictured in my mind. Don't ever find out what they pulled out of him, but the nurse who scrubbed on that is here today so I'll have to ask.

Not very funny, but it's not a very funny department.

Oh, a co-worker pulled 2 gerbils out of a guys ass at the mayo clinic. She said the worst part was having to give the guy his gerbils back since it was technically his property.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:17:58 PM EDT
View Quote

See firearm safety thread. All 87 pages.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:27:01 PM EDT
Could be worse.

You could be in the slowest ER on the planet for the 4th.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:40:58 PM EDT
I always face palm when ucle bob brings in the kids loaded with buckshot after he fired his shotgun into the ground in place o fireworks. or the missing finger from m80s. Some days I wonder how we sent people to the moon.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:46:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:
I always face palm when ucle bob brings in the kids loaded with buckshot after he fired his shotgun into the ground in place o fireworks. or the missing finger from m80s. Some days I wonder how we sent people to the moon.
View Quote

We didn't. Our German rocket scientists did.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:09:56 PM EDT
Working as a nurse in the booking area of a jail in a city of 200,000+ ... for 16 hours on the 4th. Sitting here now.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:15:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Randy_tailpipe:
Working as a nurse in the booking area of a jail in a city of 200,000+ ... for 16 hours on the 4th. Sitting here now.
View Quote

What's the weirdest booking so far on your shift today?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:25:37 PM EDT
Nothing weird today yet but the night is young - infantile at that. 4pm here, another 14 to go.

But off hand the weirdest thing I've seen recently is tough to narrow down. There's always some weird shit. As far as funny weird goes we had a lady not too long ago that came in and halfway through the booking process she claimed her boyfriend had put "something inside of her". She clarified a short time later saying it was "sticks from a tree". As the story passed from one deputy to the other it became a "log in her vagina" and then "a tree branch in her vagina". It was like a dirty, unpleasent game of telephone. Anyway, we have to take that shit seriously so we had to send her for a kit. Apparently she really did have sticks in her vagina.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:26:54 PM EDT
Sup. I'm working a 16 hr shift at a trauma one hospital. And on call tonight.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:29:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/4/2015 7:54:21 PM EDT by CTM1]
Ever have a woman come in with a light bulb stuck up in her birth canal
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top