Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 9:39:45 AM EDT
How many hours in the pit, and should I start them without BBQ sauce or with it????

What temp should I keep it at.

I have a max of 5 hours to cook it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:41:25 AM EDT
[#1]
You have 1,000,000 ribs?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You have 1,000,000 ribs?

LOL, no it is just like the millionth rib thread I have seen, and there are none on the front page.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:48:09 AM EDT
[#3]
210-230 until there's bone sticking out of the meat 1/4- 1/2" then I foil wrap them and finish cooking  to desired tenderness.

Sauce only goes on the last 15-30 minutes. Too early and it carmelizes then burns.

I use a dry rub the night before I cook them. Brown sugar, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, then whatever else smells good. A little cayenne powder is good too.

If you're using wood chips for smoke, don't smoke for more than the first 2-2.5 hrs.

Plan on at least 4 hrs up to 6 to do it right.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How many hours in the pit, and should I start them without BBQ sauce or with it????

Operational specifics on the pit are required, along with what the ribs came off.  Squirrel ribs?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Operational specifics on the pit are required, along with what the ribs came off.  Squirrel ribs?

Mmmmmmm, I usually cook those in the Easy Bake Oven over a 100-watter for about 3 hours.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mmmmmmm, I usually cook those in the Easy Bake Oven over a 100-watter for about 3 hours.

Well no shit!! I know what im having for dinner tonight!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
210-230 until there's bone sticking out of the meat 1/4- 1/2" then I foil wrap them and finish cooking  to desired tenderness.

Sauce only goes on the last 15-30 minutes. Too early and it carmelizes then burns.

I use a dry rub the night before I cook them. Brown sugar, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, then whatever else smells good. A little cayenne powder is good too.

If you're using wood chips for smoke, don't smoke for more than the first 2-2.5 hrs.

Plan on at least 4 hrs up to 6 to do it right.

I put them on 1.5 hrs ago.

They are not a dry-rub though, its a cuban type marinade called Mojo (It's a mix of sour orange juice, garlic chunks, and garlic and onion powder) Some pepper (red and black) and a little tenderizer for saltiness.

Why do you wrap in foil, so the sauce doesnt burn???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top