Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2001 1:04:18 PM EDT
A buddy of mine just bought an eagle arms ar10 lower and lower parts kit, I told him I would help him put it all together without knowing what I'm getting myself into. I haven't seen any of it yet, Is it all the same how it goes together? in other words, the ar15 lowers I've put together I laid out all the parts on to a big blown-up lifesize exploded diagram to see what is what and where it goes. are there going to be the same parts that go together in the same way? Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Troy, not *exactly* the same.    The AR10 has both the detents for the selector and the rear takedown pin located on the bottom of the receiver and are held tight by the pistol grip.   The stock on the AR15 holds the detent pin for the rear takedown tight.

Slight difference but I think he'll figure that one out.   I can't remember if the springs are different lengths or not though.

erickm, have fun putting it together it's not any more difficult than a regular AR15 or radically different.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Troy, not *exactly* the same.    The AR10 has both the detents for the selector and the rear takedown pin located on the bottom of the receiver and are held tight by the pistol grip.
View Quote

Thanks, thats the kind of thing that would have screwed me up when I would see it and would probably make me think it wasn't drilled and needs to be sent back or put on a drill press!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top