Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2001 4:25:39 PM EDT
this is directed more to you upper mid-westerner's. has the season's started to change as far as snow or an early fall moving in yet.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 4:26:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I am in Pine City, NY (next to elmira/corning) and our trees are already starting to turn.

Major bummer!
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 4:32:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Northen Illinois reporting in......
Summer is still here...a lot of rain recently after a dry period. Very green. Somewhat cooler temps with highs in the mid 70's and lows mid 50's for the next 5 days.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Down here in Texas it has cooled off dramatically this last week or so. Its been downright nice. We even got some rain!

Another thing I have noticed that I was just talking about with a guy at work today also....Last year, when dove season started, I went hunting everyday when I got off work for the first few weeks. (I get off at 7pm) But this year it seems like its too dark by 8 o'clock to see anymore. Kind of like its darker this year than it was last year at the same time. Kind of sounds stupid doesn't it?

Michael
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#4]
your not alone PONY, I was thinking the same thing about how fast the sun sets. Is it really setting that fast or are we just getting older & feeling that it's setting faster then it really is?[>:/]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I dunno, Im not that old (I'll be 25 in Nov), but I know that I was going hunting last year at 7pm for at least the first three weeks of September but this year its too dark! It is 8pm on the dot here right now and it is dark enough that I would start packing it up right now if I was out in the field.

Maybe it has something to do with the global warming/ozone depletion/Clinton scandal thing? Who knows.....

Michael
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top