Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2012 6:56:52 PM EDT
I love my Incredible and don't want to get rid of it, but I also wand ICS which I know it won't get. Is like to get the Cy9 ROM but I can't really figure out how to do it so I was hoping someone could explain it to me in lamens terms. I've read a few threads on how to downgrade to 2.2 and turn S off but I can't find all of the downloads and it doesn't give specifics on weather to download them to the desktop or to the SD card. I would really appreciative the help.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:45:57 AM EDT
Bump for more info.  Did you look through this guide:  http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/427344-how-root-2-3-4-downgrade-get-s-off.html

When I rooted my Droid 2 and installed CM7, it was a pretty easy and straightforward process.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:49:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/3/2012 7:52:05 AM EDT by DavidC]
Could always go to the source

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=638

ETA: Moving to ICS can be more complex than the move to a version of 2.3.x
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:26:00 AM EDT
ICS on an Incredible? Geeze kinda dragging it out.

Let us know how it goes.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:32:01 AM EDT
Lol^^^^ Yea but I love this phone. I'm due for an upgrade in a couple months and have been eying the new Razr but if I could get Cyanogen9 on here I'd be happy.

As for the first link.posted, yea I've been trying it but still can't get it done. It keeps telling me can not find flash image even though its clearly there. Then I tried to just downgrade it back down to 2.2 froyo but the command would work either.......I'm sure its user error
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 5:54:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By socommatthews:
Lol^^^^ Yea but I love this phone. I'm due for an upgrade in a couple months and have been eying the new Razr but if I could get Cyanogen9 on here I'd be happy.

As for the first link.posted, yea I've been trying it but still can't get it done. It keeps telling me can not find flash image even though its clearly there. Then I tried to just downgrade it back down to 2.2 froyo but the command would work either.......I'm sure its user error

I have to tell you, that ICS on the DINC platform will not meet or exceed your expectations..   GB-based ROMS are the best you're going to be able to safely run on that hardware.

The RAZR MAXX or the Samsung Galaxy S3 are two really nice phones.   If you look at the web, the DINC-4G LTE has just been announced.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:44:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TheRocketmac:
Originally Posted By socommatthews:

I have to tell you, that ICS on the DINC platform will not meet or exceed your expectations..   GB-based ROMS are the best you're going to be able to safely run on that hardware.

The RAZR MAXX or the Samsung Galaxy S3 are two really nice phones.   If you look at the web, the DINC-4G LTE has just been announced.

Well AOKP for the Incredible had really good reviews so that's what I planned to go with. I'm due for an upgrade and I really like the Droid Razr but my Incredible does everything I need it to and more, just wanted a "better" OS like all the cool kids
Top Top