Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2001 6:30:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#1]
i don't even use em except for an occasional bottle bomb.

i have like 200, and never use em, but dont really know whare to get heaters alone.

and they come a dosen to a pak when you get em like that.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Um, I hope you're not planning anything rash....

Anyway, this guy in Co has the 12 paks [url]http://www.qm-supply.com/[/url] 'cause I got some from him awhile back. They were $4/12 pak but they dun went up aw shucks..[BD]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#5]
[url]http://www.geoduck.com/epicenter/order.cgi?page=mre_military_meal_ready_to_eat.html&cart_id=[/url]

Go to the bottom of the page.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Also check out [url]http://www.heatermeals.com/zestotherm/zestotherm.htm[/url] for quantities.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#7]
i tell you what ill dig up all the mre heaters i have and send them to you in exchange for three usgi 30 rounders in good working order. (any kind but cooper and those after market crap, like usa.)

just had to try.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I got three Orlites for ya. How many heaters is that worth?
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Major Surplus and Survival in Gardena,CA always has them in stock.  They have a website, but I don't know what it is right off the top of my head.  They had ads in (now defunct) American Survival Guide every month.  

When we eat MREs in the field, we have to put the heaters in their own little hazmat site. A pain in the arse.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 4:28:26 AM EDT
[#11]
What sort of hazardous material is in the MRE heaters?  
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 9:00:54 AM EDT
[#12]
As a byproduct of the chemical heating reaction, they give off hydrogen and just plain smell bad.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I know about the smell. [:X*]

Hydrogen, though, is hardly a hazardous material.  Unless you ignite it...
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I saved a couple just to put in my enemies swimshorts!!  [:(!]

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#15]
major surplus website www.majorsurplusNsurvival.com
in fact i was just there monday, got some good stuff [:D]

MRE heaters Dont give off hydrogen gas(at least not all of it is), the stuff in the mre heater should be some form of calcium carbide, when mixed with water it gives off acetylene gas (same stuff the welders use), it should smell like garlic/onions
calicum carbide is a powder that you pour into carbide Big Bang cannons and add water, hit the sparker to ignite the acetylene gas inside -- same thing as a MRE heater bomb

what kind of hazmat site do you have to put mre heaters in? i just toss'em in the trash, should be harmless after the water has mixed with it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top