Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2002 4:30:05 AM EDT
that used to sell at sears back i  the good ole days.
i had a lever action ted williams sears 30/30.
rescue92
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 4:44:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I had one too. A great shooting rifle...I should never have gotten rid of it!!

Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:40:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Ted Williams as in "Mr. Baseball?"

As in US Marine Corsair pilot in WWII and Sabrejet pilot in Korea?
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:06:46 AM EDT
[#3]
My Dad had a Ted Williams 12 GA shotgun - I remember it as being a quality piece.

Tyler
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:28:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got an old Ted Williams scope on an older than dirt Ruger 10/22 my great-uncle left me in his will. Scope no longer really works, it's all clouded up but I can't bring myself to remove it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Was it Ted Williams who had such great eyesight, 20/10 or 20/5, something on that order.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Sears sold a pretty extensive line of firearms and ammunition under the Ted Williams line. A buddy of mine collects ammo boxes. He has a box of Ted Williams .30-06 Springfield ammo. It's a complete 20 round box. It's an interesting curio.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:47:41 AM EDT
[#7]
one of my most prize possessions, is a hand me down canvas TED WILLIAMS hunting jacket that my father gave me when i was 8..

i can still wear it. its tad small..but wearable.

it's my mojo..in the duck blind.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#8]
yes...ted williams..Mr Baseball, the greatest hitter of all time..fighter pilot..jack of all trades..

he did attribute most of his accomplishments in life to his extraordinary eyesight.

did anyone ever see the tony gwynn /ted williams interview..

it was awesome..

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top