Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 4:17:44 PM EDT
I read a review of the shot show and they mentioned it, but no website listing or company info.

it's a gun mat made of kevlar to point your pistol at when loading, unloading and chamber checks.

Anyone have a link or own one?

Sounds like a great idea to have one around.

thanks

Chris
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Never heard of it.  I didn’t make the last Shot Show, but my 2003 directory doesn’t list them.

I use an old Kevlar 1’ square test panel myself.  Vest manufacturers supply these to LEO agencies for test firing when the agency is evaluating that manufacturer’s armor.  (I used to do that.)

However, AFAIK, manufacturers don’t sell test panels.

Actually, you could buy the Kevlar and make one for yourself (just use sharp scissors, preferably ceramic).

Alternatively, buy an old Kevlar vest off e-bay and use it.  Just don’t get a female vest – the front panel won’t lay flat!

LEO agencies are forever surplusing body armor, but they’re generally pretty careful about where it goes.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
it's a gun mat made of kevlar to point your pistol at when loading, unloading and chamber checks.

A 5 gallon bucket of sand isn't glamorous enough for you?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#4]
just seemed like a good idea to me.
I'll check the local leos maybe they'll understand and have pity and see if they have an old one , if not ebay .
thanks again

Chris

Quoted:
Never heard of it.  I didn’t make the last Shot Show, but my 2003 directory doesn’t list them.

I use an old Kevlar 1’ square test panel myself.  Vest manufacturers supply these to LEO agencies for test firing when the agency is evaluating that manufacturer’s armor.  (I used to do that.)

However, AFAIK, manufacturers don’t sell test panels.

Actually, you could buy the Kevlar and make one for yourself (just use sharp scissors, preferably ceramic).

Alternatively, buy an old Kevlar vest off e-bay and use it.  Just don’t get a female vest – the front panel won’t lay flat!

LEO agencies are forever surplusing body armor, but they’re generally pretty careful about where it goes.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top