Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2011 12:49:11 AM EDT
The long and short of it, Is that I need to have a camera inserted into my penis.  

I am not looking forward to it.  I have been told that its more uncomfortable than painful.  
Anyone have this done before.

CT results are in.  

1.  1.5 x 1.2 cm low-attenuation lesion in the upper pole collecting

system of the left kidney, likely a peripelvic cyst although I cannot

exclude a single dilated calix without pre and postcontrast imaging.

There is no evidence of nephrolithiasis or ureterolithiasis.

2.  7 mm calcified granuloma in the right lower lobe of the lung.

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 1:58:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had it done when being diagnosed for a bladder stone.
No big deal. No pain. Slight discomfort.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 2:06:35 AM EDT
[#2]
that is good to know.
My imagination is going wild.  I keep visualizing a school bus going through a culvert.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 2:13:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Whatever you do just don't think about getting a massive hard on right before the procedure, cause if you think about that, it'll happen.  So don't do it.  In fact, I shouldn't have even said anything because now you'll remember this and just be sitting there thinking about not getting a massive hard on.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 2:19:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Whatever you do just don't think about getting a massive hard on right before the procedure, cause if you think about that, it'll happen.  So don't do it.  In fact, I shouldn't have even said anything because now you'll remember this and just be sitting there thinking about not getting a massive hard on.

You're a bad man, Harv, a very bad man.

Jane

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 2:43:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had it done, several times. It's not too bad at all.

They have flexible fiber optics, and it's not very big in diameter.

Tell the urologist to use PLENTY of KY jelly: it will hurt later, if he doesn't...don't ask me how i know.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 2:56:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Thankfully camera technology has come a long way.   Think of the camera they would have used 20 years ago.

Hope things go well for you, good luck....

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 3:00:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I have had it done, but I was sedated.  As a matter of fact, they used a laser to bust up a stuck kidney stone and recover the pieces with a basket device.  It is amazing what they can do now a days.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 3:01:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thankfully camera technology has come a long way.   Think of the camera they would have used 20 years ago.

Hope things go well for you, good luck....

I had one 25 years ago, didn't feel a thing. In fact they lost the first camera and sent another in, with a cameraman to find it.

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 10:48:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That is actually a possible test they are contemplating doing.  Chemically induced erection, then scoping.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I have had it done, but I was sedated.  As a matter of fact, they used a laser to bust up a stuck kidney stone and recover the pieces with a basket device.  It is amazing what they can do now a days.

Why do I get the feeling the doctor was looking at a screen like this:

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I had it performed on me recently; they knock you out with some nice sedatives; insert a camera up your wee-wee, find the stone; then insert a fiber optic cable through an opening in the camera to zap the stone; once they get it out, they insert a stint that's about, oh, 10 inches long up you wee-wee; then keep it in there for a week or so, then they pull it out. THe surgery is painless and there is some discomfort and burning when urinating; the worst part was the dye they used to see the urethra with. my first pisss came out blue (as in toilet bowl pill blue) and I was pissing blood for a few days while the stint was in me; then once they pulled it out, no problems.

Trust me, I wasd there and I do feel the pain of it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#12]
ive had a kidney stone that they had to go in that way to get it out. I was knocked out for the procedure. However i did piss blood for some time afterward. Not painfull, even during recovery, but the site of pissing blood was a little offputitng..

I also had them go in an take out a stint they left in after the prcedure. I was wide awake for that.. No pain just an odd sensation.

No sweat on the procudure dude.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Its not for a stone.  Its to verify its not cancer.  

They might run the scope up to my kidneys, which they will knock me out for.  If its just the bladder/prostate area.  I will be awake the entire time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Started getting some of the tests back.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#15]
2. 7 mm calcified granuloma in the right lower lobe of the lung.

how far up your penis does a camera have to go to see your lungs?????
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I had an issue a few years back. When the Dr pulled out the camera, my wife looked at him and laughed.

"You don't have nearly enough people in here to use that" She was right.

Put me in the hospital and put my ass out. She knows how I am about needles, and when she saw my face,

she knew what was about to happen.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#17]

For fuck's sake ––- did I just look inside your dick?
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:24:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Back in 2008 we had some bad flooding here in IA. I spent a night helping a neighbor reinforce the sandbag wall around their back porch and bail water until a relative from Cedar Rapids could come up with a shop vac and a pump. (Yeah, they were ill prepared for being less than 200 yards from the Cedar River ) Anyway, at some point in the evening I ingested some flood water. To say that I got sick from it was an understatement.

Well a few weeks later the blood tests came back clean except the doc noticed there was blood in my urine. He said that more than likely it was a result of the sickness but just to be safe he wanted me to go see a urologist. So I go see the dick doctor. Doc has me piss in a glass and then about 30 min later comes back and says I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is there is no blood what so ever in your urine. The bad news is your medical history says you used to smoke. Males that smoke have a 35% greater chance of bladder cancer so as a precaution (aka we want more money) I'm going to take a quick look at you bladder.

At this point I should have told him to STFU and walked out.

Doc left the room and shortly thereafter a nurse came back in with a black box that had about a 4' black hose thing-a-majig coming out of it. I thought for a second and prepared myself for the fact that I was going to have something shoved up my butt. Then high school anatomy lessons came back to me and a nasty little thought crept into my mind. Wait! you can't see your bladder through your asshole?!?!?!? The only hole you can see your bladder through is the one that goes through your dick?!!?!?!? But that black hose thing-a-majig is way to big to fit through there, isn't it?

This was the second missed opportunity for me to tell them to STFU and walk out.

The nurse gets my pants down around my ankles and leaning back on the table. Cleans my junk real good with iodine (I think). Then explains the procedure to me. She tells me she is going to lube and numb the area before the doc starts. Her exact words were "I'm going to use some water based lubricant with a numbing agent, you're going to want that". You're going to want that she says, no shit I'm going to want that.

This was the third missed opportunity for me to tell them to STFU and walk out.

The rest of the story was anticlimactic, doc shoved the camera up my pee hole and looked at my bladder. He said it looked a little red and irritated. I told him no shit, the rest of me is a little red and irritated.

The short version of this story goes like this. I walked into the doctor's office feeling like a million bucks and not pissing blood. I left the doctor's office feeling like shit and pissing nothing but blood.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#19]
CT= computer tomography.  

its a scan of my abdomen.  The lesion is on my kidney.  The granuloma is in my lung.  I am probably going to get another scan with contrast this time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#20]
today was the consult with.the urologist said that I have the bladder of a sixty year old.  He wants to do another ct with contrast to view kidney to bladder
We also scheduled the scope.  

Its kind of irritating that no one will say what it could be.  They just keep saying stuff like "lets just make sure we do not miss anything"

If they are ruling out cancer.  Just say it!  seems like the docs keep beating around the bush.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
today was the consult with.the urologist said that I have the bladder of a sixty year old.  He wants to do another ct with contrast to view kidney to bladder
We also scheduled the scope.  

Its kind of irritating that no one will say what it could be.  They just keep saying stuff like "lets just make sure we do not miss anything"

If they are ruling out cancer.  Just say it!  seems like the docs keep beating around the bush.

I know the anxiety of waiting, last May and June I went through a ton of tests to rule out cancer of the Pancreas. I was a fucking loonie bird worrying about it until I got the all clear.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#22]
I havent slept in a week or so.  Its a bit of an eye opener, since I workat the hospital I have been doing the initial testing.

To top it all off, I think my wife is in denial about the potential outcome.  She texted me after the appointment,  I started to explain what the doc told me.  She responded by asking if I had bought onions when I went to the grocery stoee, and where I had put them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#23]
The camera they used on me, was at first glance, obviously far too big to ever fit inside of a urethra.  Through sheer force, the doctor and his assistant did manage to prove me wrong on that.  Maybe it was an older camera, I don't know, but it looked at least 3/8" in diameter.

So, the doc grabs your unit, and shoots in some lidocaine, under the pretense that it's to prevent pain.  In reality, the lidocaine feels like he's shooting straight liquid fire in you, and didn't seem to numb me up at all.  I think that urologists are simply sadists, and enjoy taking every chance they can to inflict more pain upon you.

So, after that, they start shoving the camera in you.  Meanwhile, the thing is irrigating saline, so you're essentially pissing all over.  Your body feels that, and tries to clamp that off.   That means that you have the doc's assistant holding your Johnson while the doc bears down on the camera with both hands, saying "You've got to relax, you've got to relax!".  Meanwhile, you're honestly trying, but your instinct to not piss all over yourself is kind of overriding that.

When I was done, I asked the doc how long the pain would last.  "24 hours", he said.  It took over a week.  I hurt in places I didn't even know I had.  If I ever have to have another, I'm loading myself up on narcotics before I go in.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#24]
I had it done a few years ago without any anesthetic. The doc said it wouldn't hurt and he was right; he felt absolutly no pain throughout the entire procedure.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Funny you should bring this up. Had one done 2 weeks ago.  They used a numbing gel and the probe was small and flexible with just a little of discomfort afterwords. The Doc saw two badder stones.  

I'm going in tomorrow morning to get it removed. The procedure is electrohydraulic lithotripsy where a much larger and more rigid probe is jammed up and the stones are blasted apart.  I'll be put out for this and it is considered a surgical procedure.  A co-worker had this done once and said when I take a pee after the procedure, it will feel like barbed wire is being ripped out of the urinary tract.  

The Doc gave me a prescription for Vicodin to take soon after I wake up from having my manhood violated

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The camera they used on me, was at first glance, obviously far too big to ever fit inside of a urethra.  Through sheer force, the doctor and his assistant did manage to prove me wrong on that.  Maybe it was an older camera, I don't know, but it looked at least 3/8" in diameter.

So, the doc grabs your unit, and shoots in some lidocaine, under the pretense that it's to prevent pain.  In reality, the lidocaine feels like he's shooting straight liquid fire in you, and didn't seem to numb me up at all.  I think that urologists are simply sadists, and enjoy taking every chance they can to inflict more pain upon you.

So, after that, they start shoving the camera in you.  Meanwhile, the thing is irrigating saline, so you're essentially pissing all over.  Your body feels that, and tries to clamp that off.   That means that you have the doc's assistant holding your Johnson while the doc bears down on the camera with both hands, saying "You've got to relax, you've got to relax!".  Meanwhile, you're honestly trying, but your instinct to not piss all over yourself is kind of overriding that.

When I was done, I asked the doc how long the pain would last.  "24 hours", he said.  It took over a week.  I hurt in places I didn't even know I had.  If I ever have to have another, I'm loading myself up on narcotics before I go in.  

I had the exact opposite experience.   First a young pretty nurse swabbed my unit with a anti-bacterial, then gently squeezed in a cool numbing gel and put a very soft clamp on me to prevent the gel from leaking out.  Absolutely no stinging or discomfort involved. 15 minutes later the Doc comes in, and puts the probe in.   It was only about 3/16" in diameter, and I hardly felt a thing.  My biggest worry was hoping I wold not pop a woody when the nurse was cleaning me (I didn't).

Did your Doc go to school in Medieval England and happen to be a barber also with a bowl of leaches ready?
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Even the old rigid scopes are not hat bad.

The diameter is very small (less than 3/16 inch).

More just uncomfortable than painful, though peeing can burn for a little while afterward if the scratch the urethra (and they often do).

Never could find the 4.7 mm stone that was seen in the CAT scan.

The stone hurt way more in the ureter getting to the bladder.

And the tib-fib fracture years before hurt even more.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 2:22:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had the exact opposite experience.   First a young pretty nurse swabbed my unit with a anti-bacterial, then gently squeezed in a cool numbing gel and put a very soft clamp on me to prevent the gel from leaking out.  Absolutely no stinging or discomfort involved. 15 minutes later the Doc comes in, and puts the probe in.   It was only about 3/16" in diameter, and I hardly felt a thing.  My biggest worry was hoping I wold not pop a woody when the nurse was cleaning me (I didn't).

Did your Doc go to school in Medieval England and happen to be a barber also with a bowl of leaches ready?

My gel wasn't in there for more than about ten seconds before they started the cysto.  He's the head of the urological division here, and HIGHLY recommended for skill.  but he's so busy that he's in and out in no time, and doesn't futz around.  He doesn't care about your feelings, just getting the job done quick.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 8:49:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Funny you should bring this up. Had one done 2 weeks ago.  They used a numbing gel and the probe was small and flexible with just a little of discomfort afterwords. The Doc saw two badder stones.  

I'm going in tomorrow morning to get it removed. The procedure is electrohydraulic lithotripsy where a much larger and more rigid probe is jammed up and the stones are blasted apart.  I'll be put out for this and it is considered a surgical procedure.  A co-worker had this done once and said when I take a pee after the procedure, it will feel like barbed wire is being ripped out of the urinary tract.  

The Doc gave me a prescription for Vicodin to take soon after I wake up from having my manhood violated

Back from the hospital and am taking it easy at home. Feel pretty good
and have just a little pain....except when I pee then it's Yeeeouch!!!
Here is what was taken out. That's a penny for size reference.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Back from the hospital and am taking it easy at home. Feel pretty good and have just a little pain....except when I pee then it's Yeeeouch!!!

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x166/CnAPhot/Bladderstoneresized.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

no thank you.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Back from the hospital and am taking it easy at home. Feel pretty good and have just a little pain....except when I pee then it's Yeeeouch!!!

DO NOT WANT!  Did they say how big the stones were before they blasted them to rubble with the lithotripsy?  Just looking at that pic has my dick trying to retreat into my body.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#32]
To the original poster; what symptoms were you having, that started all of this?  Just curious
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

A couple of years ago I had to have one cut out that was 4 x 3.5 x 2.2 cm.
My doc told me that they will grow to the size of the entire bladder eventually
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#34]
I think I am going to have to have this done sometime soon.

Been having prostate pain, constant urge to urinate, pain during/after urination, burning pain that runs all the way up the urethra, ect...

They gave me a month of antibiotics, it has done nothing.... it's worse actually.  This is no fun
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Is that the inside of your dick?
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#36]
As I get older every medical issue in my mind runs away to either cancer or an impending heart attack until I get the diagnosis.   I hope yours ends up being something non-invasive and fixable.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DO NOT WANT!  Did they say how big the stones were before they blasted them to rubble with the lithotripsy?  Just looking at that pic has my dick trying to retreat into my body.

The big one was about 8mm.  The smaller one was about 4mm.  Normally you could pass a 4mm, but the 8mm one was blocking the urinary track urine retention and more stone growth.
I feel great today and went to the gym for a short workout.  It's good to be able to pee normally and completely empty the bladder.  There is just a slight stinging while peeing, but should be all better by tomorrow. It's Saturday night, and the procedure has a pretty quick recovery from being done yesterday morning.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do I get the feeling the doctor was looking at a screen like this:
http://i51.tinypic.com/s1kw04.jpg

Pew! .... Pew-Pew-Pew! ..... Pew-Pew!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top