Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/22/2005 6:35:11 PM EDT
How the HELL do you get #3 spark plug out? Once you get the plug socket in there, there is about 1/4" of clearance between the socket and the steering column. Took me damn near an hour to get the plug out by using a 3/4" open end to turn the socket.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:05:54 PM EDT
My wife has '00 Blazer. Haven't changed the plugs on that one yet, but I did on her '91. Look at the steering shaft. On the '91 there was what they call a "rag joint" flex coupling held together with two nuts. Easy enough to pull the nuts and swing the shaft aside to get at the plug. Wouldn't doubt if the '00 is the same. Just make sure you get the shaft back the same way it came apart. The first time I did one, I got all done and the steering wheel was off 180 degrees.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:11:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By diesel1:
My wife has '00 Blazer. Haven't changed the plugs on that one yet, but I did on her '91. Look at the steering shaft. On the '91 there was what they call a "rag joint" flex coupling held together with two nuts. Easy enough to pull the nuts and swing the shaft aside to get at the plug. Wouldn't doubt if the '00 is the same. Just make sure you get the shaft back the same way it came apart. The first time I did one, I got all done and the steering wheel was off 180 degrees.

Could it possibly be covered by a orange piece of rubber?
Top Top