Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 6:26:29 AM EDT
I am about ready to buy a new toy, looking for a handgun, already have several Glocks, Sigs, an H&K a couple of 1911's.  I have been attracted to the Elite for some time now although a bit pricey.  How would you people say it rates, also if I went with a 9mm in the Beretta can I use 40cal 10 rnd mags as hi caps for it?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:49:06 AM EDT
[#1]
The Elite's a nice weapon, VERY accurate if you do your part.  Workmanship is excellent and the finish is good too.  Trigger is a bit too heavy for me on a stock model.  The grip is HUGE.  Definitely need to use cut-down grips if you've got smallish hands.  It's heavy as hell so I don't think it would make a good carry piece.  Why in the world would you use 10 rd. .40 mags when there is a very large supply of factory 15 round 9mm mags?  

If you want something that's just plain fun, get a revolver in .357 mag/.41 mag/.44 mag or if you're brave, .454 Cassull.  S&W has the best triggers in the industry especially on the older models from the late '60s/early '70s.  They can be found for <$500 easily and they're just fun.  If you've never shot a .44mag try it one day.  It'll put a smile on your face like this: .  .454 will just do this: .  MJD
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:02:19 AM EDT
[#2]
as for your question about the mags, I live in Cal so in order for me to get my hands on 15 round mags I need to go to Nevada which I will.  I am also considering a large frame revolver, either the 454 or Smith 500 mag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top