Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/5/2006 6:26:29 AM EDT
I am about ready to buy a new toy, looking for a handgun, already have several Glocks, Sigs, an H&K a couple of 1911's. I have been attracted to the Elite for some time now although a bit pricey. How would you people say it rates, also if I went with a 9mm in the Beretta can I use 40cal 10 rnd mags as hi caps for it?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:49:06 AM EDT
The Elite's a nice weapon, VERY accurate if you do your part. Workmanship is excellent and the finish is good too. Trigger is a bit too heavy for me on a stock model. The grip is HUGE. Definitely need to use cut-down grips if you've got smallish hands. It's heavy as hell so I don't think it would make a good carry piece. Why in the world would you use 10 rd. .40 mags when there is a very large supply of factory 15 round 9mm mags?

If you want something that's just plain fun, get a revolver in .357 mag/.41 mag/.44 mag or if you're brave, .454 Cassull. S&W has the best triggers in the industry especially on the older models from the late '60s/early '70s. They can be found for <$500 easily and they're just fun. If you've never shot a .44mag try it one day. It'll put a smile on your face like this: . .454 will just do this: . MJD
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:02:19 AM EDT
as for your question about the mags, I live in Cal so in order for me to get my hands on 15 round mags I need to go to Nevada which I will. I am also considering a large frame revolver, either the 454 or Smith 500 mag.
Top Top