Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/4/2004 10:05:52 AM EDT
has anyone here applied for a haliburton job at www.kbrjobs.com ? I'm applied for some security jobs in Iraq, being ex-Army and an OIF vet, I think I should be well qualified, but I havent heard anything from them yet and its been about 2 weeks. are they always slow? or am I the only one here stupid enough to do it?

and btw, I'm single, few family members. This job is nothing I havent done already, but this time I'll get paid very well for it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:07:38 AM EDT
I am thinking about it.

Im single few family also I also want a job I make money at.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:11:08 AM EDT
CNN ran a phone poll the other day asking if people would go to Iraq as a civilian contractors.

Most said no and one guy said that he would only do it if the UN was in charge.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:18:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:29:56 AM EDT
ok, right now I'm trying to get in touch with an old friend from school, supposedly her father is the head of operations for Iraq. would have been nice to know about 3 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:42:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 762mmMAN:
one guy said that he would only do it if the UN was in charge.

Wow, that would be a condition that I would NOT accept!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:06:15 PM EDT
i have been thinking of applying, but now that the contractors are possibly going not to be armed....

i dunno
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:11:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/4/2004 4:13:40 PM EDT by sgtstinger]
I turned down a job offer from KBR for $83K/year.

Yeah, that's a lot of $$$ to walk away from...but to get that much, I'd have had to work 12 hours per day, 7 days a week. That breaks down to just less than $15/hour.

I would have been a "Material Control Technician"...which translated means I would have been loading/unloading trucks by hand, with two-wheel dollies, and pallet jacks.

In Iraq or Afghanistan...

130*F - 140*F in the Summer...

Sleeping in a tent...

Showering once every 4 or 5 days...

All the fleas, ticks, sand flies, and camel spiders...

Basically, everything our wonderful Men & Women in uniform are putting up with these days. EXCEPT...I wouldn't have had the means to defend myself. Possession of ANY weapon is against company policy. That was the "straw that broke the camel's back" for me...You just can't put a price on the Right Of Self-Defense, IMHO.
Top Top