Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 4:48:47 PM EDT
www.praseks.com/index_ie2.htm

online now, i used to have to drive two hours for this shit.  if you like jerky give them a try, trust me, its damned good stuff.................beef, pork, turkey, etc....
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey, when you gonna cook me some fajitas and mail 'em to TN?

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

sorry, you're gonna have to wait for gunstock 2005..............
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sorry, you're gonna have to wait for gunstock 2005..............

Gotcha.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I am a huge Jerky fan...

Buddy of mine makes stew with it...

Jerky is available in MI all over the place.  I love jerky (peppered beef is my favorite)...
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:06:22 PM EDT
[#5]
[HomerSimpson] ummm...venison jerky...[/HomerSimpson]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Over $1 an ounce, too much for me.

I like Jerky but I cant afford to really but it and probaly dont deserve it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#7]
How can you have pork jerky??

The way i understand it, pork has to be cooked to at least 160 degrees to kill the tric in it.  When drying jerky you don't want to cook the meat but dry it, so taking it to that temperature is not possible.

What's the secret here??

I hunt regularly, i have more pork than i know what to do with.  I always wanted to make jerky out of it but can't cause of what i said above.

I make goat jerky in the oven on the lowest setting which is about 140 degrees or lower.

So what's the secret?????

Stone
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm still waiting for my buffalo jerky.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:07:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The way i understand it, pork has to be cooked to at least 160 degrees to kill the tric in it.  When drying jerky you don't want to cook the meat but dry it, so taking it to that temperature is not possible.

What's the secret here??

I hunt regularly, i have more pork than i know what to do with.  I always wanted to make jerky out of it but can't cause of what i said above.

I make goat jerky in the oven on the lowest setting which is about 140 degrees or lower.

Stone

damned if i know.................but i bought half a pound just to try it and now wish i'd have bought more...............
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:12:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

What's the secret here??

Stone

I thought tric was cleaned up and no longer found in pork, or maybe it's radiated to kill it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top