Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2004 12:53:04 PM EDT
anybody played before?

i want to send SSG. Gibson, my buddy still in iraq, the stuff to set up a game of washers so they can play at the FOB

only problem is, i don't remember the size washers/hole that the game uses............

FYI, for those that don't know washers is much like horseshoes, only you use a hole instead of a stake and pitch washers instead of horseshoes..............

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please donate for a hero rifle if you can and would for injured SSG. Jongema, 1st cavalry, car bomb in baghdad

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=278514

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried to pitch a washer once, but ended up throwing my shoulder out.  Damned Maytag.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:05:53 PM EDT
[#2]
TR, try a google on it. There are a bunch of sites out there with specs and stuff. Even some already built for purchase. Good Luck.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Used to pitch 'em with my grandad when I was a lot younger (35 years). Can't remember the size though. Hell, I always figured it was because we were poor and couldn't afford horse shoes.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to pitch quarters, never done the washer thing.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:57:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Get two tuna cans and some really big washers that just fit inside. I can't remember the distance to bury them, it has been a long time since I tossed washers.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Why do I have a feeling alot of game in the south started around a poor family trailer.....

Sfare14
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:40:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I've played washers with my future ex-wife's family and I find it pretty boring.  It's just not my type of game, for others it is though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Washers is a very fun game.  Kinda wondering though, is it a Texas/Southwest sorta thing as the guy that taught me to play was from Wichita Falls?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a set at the office.  We pitch them in the cubicle aisle with a standard sticky note instead of a cup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top